1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-lite 803 Helmet - Impulse Purchase

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by dubcat, May 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Very cool lids!

2. Nice looking lid! Would be very interested in your opinion of this lid compared to the GT Air when you've used it for a while. Also sizing compared to the GT Air.

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]
    I have the Nolan Stoner rep, very well made with some lovely finishing touches.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I’ve had a few X-Lite carbon helmets, fit great etc but I’ve found the paint quality on vents etc is poor, always wears off and leaves bare plastic bits. Doesn’t stop me buying them though.

5. It’s definitely snugger. A medium in the gt air is too loose for me - can move my head around a lot. Medium in x803 is super snug - just perfect for me. The gt air small felt similar snugness but have put pressure on my forehead which I felt would eventually turn in to a headache.. and it wasn’t as sexy either :)

#25 dubcat, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. You can get different sized cheek pads and things too l, should you want more room there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 96EF50E0-89C4-4D02-9C06-9C92EB288F07.jpeg After having Arai for years I have just bought an X803 as well.
    New RX7 is £790 and even with discount it’s an obscene amount of money plus I think they are a bit dated now with their visor system and she’ll shape. I would still have one mind but they feel like they would have to be sawn in half to feel as light as this carbon 803 is.
    Feels a bit tight on the cheeks but comfortable enough, makes the Arai feel like it’s too big.
    Weather is crap so not been out in it yet.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'm a big fan of these helmets. X-Lite support the team and I was hesitant to move from the Shoei NXR I've always used but not regretted it at all. I've had a few crashes in them as well and they have stood up well.
    alglesey1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm also about to buy one of these after an Arai. Tried one on at the bike show and should have whacked it on the credit card. Look lovely..

10. How heavy is it please? Was looking at one for last few weeks but sadly my local Infinity store don't have one in and it's not easy for them to get one in just for me to try!!

11. See if you still like it after a few days of use. I can offer a direct comparison between the latest RX7 and the X-lite...
    The new RX7 is much improved over the old one. The top vent design at the front is better, the new visor mechanism is better too and the latest helmet is much quieter than the older one (the improved chin curtain helps a lot with noise). The peripheral vision on the RX7 is far better than that on the X-lite. The X-lite is MUCH lighter. When I first got my X-lite I thought it was a good fit, but I discovered it was borderline too tight when I went out for the day with it. After a couple of hours I couldn’t wait to to take it off! It’s just becoming comfortable again after probably ten or fifteen rides with it. On the track I’d use it over and above the RX7 because it is only worn for short periods. For a weeklong tour I’d always take the RX7.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Perfect for me... I've the same lid plus a AGV Pista R. The Xlite 803 is lighter than the Pista but only by a couple of grams. Unfortunately it doesn't have the same forward vision the Pista has in the fully tucked position. Apart from that the Xlite is great. Would definitely recommend having a try. I spent years being an avid Aria fan! cant stand the newer versions. Massively heavy. Antiquated visor system, poor ventilation. And they just look dated compared to the opposition. I also had an Shoei Xspirt 3 a few years ago. Another one worth trying... Should be due an update pretty soon.... The most fundamental thing is finding one that fits your shape and size of head..... Xlite gets my vote all day long

13. image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. You know X-Lite sell different sized padding. You can keep the same shell size but make all sorts of adjustments with cheek pads etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. I'm looking for a dark black visor but can only find dark green.

Anyone use the dark green?

16. I have the wsbk helmet with dark green visor - visor looks black.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Was told in Sportsbikeshop when trying the 803 on that the tinted visors look green but once out in daylight they look/go black!

• Like Like x 2
  18. That's a beautiful helmet, sort of makes me regret having bought my little AGV but that would've been my whole budget at the time.
    I don't know how much you paid for it but you can get it for less than 480€ in Germany, which is an acceptable price I reckon. Without the colour scheme, which I prefer TBH, it draws less attention and you can choose your own logos and stickers.

https://m.louis.eu/artikel/x-lite-x-803-ultra-carbon-puro-carbon-full-face-helmet/216701

Do Not Sell My Personal Information