1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Xdiavel Media

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Rob, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Take a look at the Draxter concept bike. Tht has central pegs mounted on an Xdiavel chassis.
    Re the luggage rack, I didnt think there was a way to mount one to a regular Diavel either but now there are some neat looking racks around. I expect the same for the XDiavel.

2. I hope you are right. I haven't seen any for the regular Diavel, any pointers?

3. Went to verify. That Draxter had it's pegs mounted back behind you. So you lay on the beast like a dragster. Not central. Unless I missed them?

4. I can't post links from my phone but google Diavel Luggage rack and look at Images. There are a few out there.

5. Oh bugger me! You're righ. That's WEIRD!! I couid have sworn I saw central pegs! I'm going to digging now for the first image I saw!

6. I can only find 2. The Ducati one whihc apparenlty has to be installed wit the passenger handle kit, which does not leave a flar surface between the seat and the rack floor, and a 3rd party one that is tubular and looks like it came off a bicycle.

Hopefully the X will get some sort of accessory or someone will make a decent one. Hate to cover up that shiny tank.

7. Yeah, they ain't pretty, that's for sure. This one doesn't look too bad though LUGGAGE RACK KIT DIAVEL

8. Agree, that one is decent. That's the one I was referring to first. I *think* the grab bar may need to be mounted to use it. In any case, I could live with that one. Hopefully they will make something for the X.

What would be slick is one that was removable. Ror example mount like the little backrest, only with telescopic tubes. So when you are done with it, pull a pin, etc. and slide the assembly out. In that case a hard bag could even be bolted to the (removable) rack, further lowering the profile. I'm an above average fabricator, but without the bike it's only guesswork.

9. If you made one of those, you'd have quite a market for it I think! Do you have the bike ordered? I do - expecting delivery in March/April. Excited but quite worried about doing the beta testing! :-(

10. No, I can't order one until I know the pegs and bars will work for me. Which is messing me up. If I don't get one of these I'll get a Multistrada. The new-old-stock models are coming down in price and won't last. :( I need one to get delivered.

As for making the rack for production, I could do it, but I'm in the USA so worry about liability. Some dummy will put a washing machine on it cause an accident and blame me.

11. Check this out. Just spied what looks like a keyhole I hadn't noticed before. Storage under the seat? No laptop is going in there but maybe a gps, etc.

Capture.JPG

12. Ah, right, understood re the back/pegs. The official Ducati launch is in San Diego in the next few days so we'll be reading all about the XDiavel shortly. I'm grilling my Ducati dealer about the peg/accessories etc so as soon as he has some info for me, I'll post it on this thread.

You wouldn't be disappointed with a Multi, they're great bikes and EXTREMELY practical. XDiavel is, to be honest, not going to be as good a bike dynamically (no Ohlins, no Skyhook etc) but I fell for the look. Plus I used to have V-Rods and liked those and this seems very much like a Ducati V-Rod!

Re the rack - Mmmm....I wonder how many other great ideas are stifled by worries about liability!? You could just sell them in UK/Europe where no-one sues anyone for that kind of thing. Anyway, I may request a custom made one from you (with full liability-waiver docs signed, of course!) ;-)

13. Thanks I don't ride a lot, don't really need the performance of a Multistrada, but I'm not crazy about American cruisers. Everyone has one. I like the little perk of having something different, and something more thoroughbred in performance. But, it would be nice to be able to "fit in" with my friends in pirate gear ;) when the opportunity arose. It's the look of the bike that's got me, too. There are things I don't like about it but a lot I do. Love the engine machining and shiny tank of the S, but hate it's clear anodized swing arm and other light color parts. I didn't know about the launch. Anxious to hear some details.

As for the rack, if I get one, and make one, I'd be happy to share. :)

14. Lol! "Pirate Gear"!! :tearsofjoy:

15. Don't speak Italian but seem's happy with it :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Lol!! How's your Italian?!! :) Bike looks nice though and I definitely deciphered a "position centrale optionale" bit about the pegs too so that's encouraging to me!

17. Missed that. But saw a lot of pointing in that area lol. Hopefully dealers will get some soon. Or at least the parts books. Isn't could see the part I'd know what it was doing.

18. At 5:34..looks like they attach to or under or instead of that vertical aluminum bracket under the seat.

19. Thanks. I was figuring that might be what he's talking about. That's gonna put them way back.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information