1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Xdiavel Media

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Rob, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Yeah, I'm wondering what that will do to the leg room! I've got long legs so may be an issue...

2. I posted this in a different forum. Mockup of X with std adn optional configs. I was taking a guess at possible "central" peg locations, looks like I may be very close.

The Duc website/literature speaks of an accessory kit to move them to a "central" bike location. The question is, where that is exactly? If they move it too far back and keep the height the same, with the current geometry of the bike, one would be almost squatting. Or at least have a big bend in the knees. If the accessory kit moves them back and lowers them, too, the lean angle is going to suffer, putting the pegs closer in turns.

See these simulations: If they pull the pegs back to about the same as a Diavel (I've pulled them back about as far as they can go without getting into the exhaust), I can't say that will be very comfortable either. Fetal position if you are taller than me. In lieu of that far, if they move them, say 6" back, it might be just right. I'm anxious to see what the kit does do. I'm a pretty good fabricator. With solid frame mount holes like the ones pointed out, I could probably make a safe bracket to move them a little ways myself. Too may variables to guess what is needed for what I will personally prefer. That is, until I get a chance to at least sit one one, see the factory accessory option, and ideally ride one. Wish they'd hurry up :D

Standard position:

[​IMG]

Moved way back to a "central" position. In this "guess" it's a move rearward only. No change in height.
    [​IMG]

Compare to stock Diavel:

[​IMG]

Simulation Credit and THANKS to cycle-ergo

3. Yup. That looks about right to me. Cool little bit of tech there - cycle-ergo.

4. Do me a favour please!? Make that rider 6'1" with a 34" inseam? (This should be interesting!)

5. I'm not where I can, only have an iPad till later. But you can it's easy. Just go to that link at bottom of the post (click on cycle ergo). Then click add bike, pick Ducati, then x, then under options change it up to suit you. Love that tool.

#85 shorton, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. In yet another forum someone pointed out the control position and seat was almost identical to a Suzuki M109R. Happens to be one of those near me. Gonna swing by that dealer and see.

7. and I found someone post a photo with floorboards. (Google xdiavel floor boards) maybe too much but interesting nonetheless. Gonna turn this into a $35k machine in no time lol

8. Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 3.30.57 PM.png
    Yyyyeah...not looking so comfortable! May need to stay with the forward pegs! Thanks for the info on that tool though. Handy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. About half way looks good position wise. Happy medium. But I think the engine will be in the way so doubt they will go there.

10. I've heard the bike is supplied with another seat, similar to the touring seat on the "normal" diavel.
    So you might not have to trade the wife in shorton.

11. Good news, maybe. About the wife I mean. :)

As for the seat, I dunno, there's not much room back there to add anything it doesn't appear. Length wise anyway. And I'd presume it would have to work with their similarly small sissy bar which has been shown. But, I'm anxious to see in any case and I hope you are right.

One would thing the dealers would be getting the parts and service details in advance of the bikes. And the bikes are due to arrive soon. I've seen several report 2nd week of Fed, other early march, so dunno where they will really arrive. The wait is killing me. I've found a deal on a Multistrada that will be my bike if the XDiavel won't work for me, I'm gonna miss it if I wait. I hate dilemas.

12. Found this little tidbit today...

Interview with Stefano Tarabusi, Ducati XDiavel product manager

Q: How about luggage, will the XDiavel receive any storage accessories?
    ST: Of course it will. We think that accessories, both aesthetic and functional are very important in the cruiser world. In fact, we already have prepared the first add-ons in the form of taller windshields and a tank bag. Next come the saddlebags, they ARE a must.

Q: Can we expect an XDiavel Touring version?
    ST: We are not planning to replicate the traditional recipe with the XDiavel, so there will not be a dedicate "touring pack." We will offer a lot of accessories sold independently so that riders can get only what interests them the most. A full touring accessory range will be available but not in kits.

EICMA 2015: Exclusive Interview with Stefano Tarabusi, Ducati XDiavel Product Manager

13. English this time! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]
    Revisiting the rear rack discussion... I found these photos of the XDiavel test bike. They had rigged up their own "rack" on the rear seat, a lot like I did. Used a soft bag that appears to be holding what I expect is monitoring/testing electronics. Looks liek they did exactly what I was thinking.. using the sissy bar mounts to make a rack mount. Although theirs is pretty rough.

The other thing I thought was interesting here is thet although they obfuscated the bike somewhat if you look close you can see the tank and fender were red, not black:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Interesting. This bodes well for a decent luggage rack. Also interesting is that bag! Do you see the big cable disappearing from it into the bike? Would love to know the technical details of the contents of that bag!

16. Eh. Just some data collection and monitors I expect. May even be as boring as emmissions testing. Maybe a computer running engne software.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lol. Sorry, my inner Nerd is showing! :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information