1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Xdiavel Media

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Rob, Nov 19, 2015.

1. #102 shorton, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. I'll try to make it that event as I'm back in the UK on that date. I'll grill them on the central peg location and try to get some photos to post of the mounting position.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Another happy camper:

4. Still no X's "in the wild" ? No new owners?

5. I went to look at it today! I have photos that I'll post. It's a very cool bike, really long and low. To quote Road House, "I thought it'd be bigger!". It's lowness makes it seem small. A teeny bit weird looking as the pillion seat is really truncated exposing a huge area of the enormous rear wheel. Lots of room for that luggage rack you're going to make me Shorton!! :-D
    No-one knows anything about the central peg kit though. I can see some likely locations which I'll expand on when I post my pics. I'm not entirely sold on whether the S version (the one I looked at) is worth the premium over the regular version. It's a LOT of money in the UK, £3300 or close to $5000. You can buy the flashy belt covers as an accessory...only other diff is paint and the M50 calipers versus the other Brembo brakes (they look like the ones fitted to my 2010 Multi) Is that worth the difference? I'm not convinced.
    I'm less worried about the central pegs now as the forward pegs really don't feel weird and I was still able to stand up on them to raise my arse off the seat as if to avoid approaching potholes. Taking a guess where the central pegs would be and putting my feet and knees in that position did feel good though.
    OK...let me upload the pics! BRB

6. Cool. Looking forward to it. Yeah, no news her eon the pegs either. Apparently D published a print (no PDF) 2016 accessory catalog. I've seen photos of it's pages. They show a footpeg kit in the X section, but it's the regular Diavel set. Mistake on their part, or they don't have anything to photograph yet. If I love the bike I could probably move the pegs myself, but I'd want to see one first. Problem will be making it look spiffy. And the issue is what's available to mount to on the rear end of things.

I know what you mean re the S version. I love the engine covers, figure they woudl be $1500 at least. Wheels look good, too, some of those are about to go on sale being replaced with Carbon fiber, but even used I'd expect $2500. So here, I'm at break even and missed the other minor things (headlight, brakes, Bluetooth, shiny tank). I'll probably change the seat anyway so that doesn't matter. The original press reports said the S was gonna get Ohlins. D may have scrapped that plan for cost, or cause Ohlins aren't available yet. If they had them, it woudl make more sense. As is, I agree, it's a cosmetic thing. But it does look good.

7. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Here y'go. The LED light is interesting. Looking at the pegs, the two bolt holes at the base of that aluminium trim piece under the seat match the spacing and that would be an appropriate location. BUT that only applies to the right hand side, the left hand side is offset at a bit of an angle. I guess some kind of space would be required in either case.
    The radiator is a great shape but looks a bit exposed to stone damage...

8. image.jpeg image.jpeg
    A couple more.....

9. Thanks. Yeah, jury still out on where to mount them. There must be issues with it or D woudl have them on the shelf already. Most Everything else made it to the catalog. Big if's for me right now are all the complaints about the rear end and back pain. If it's bothering the young and skinny I'm in trouble. On the other hand, I'm hoping they are just superbike guys and have higher expectations than I do. Based on a few conversations I've had I think the dealers are getting ancy on being able to sell them. It's a either you love it or hate it bike I think.

Another little tidbit from the printed catalog (and on-line accessories too IIRC), there's a magnetic tank bag listed. All reports were the tank was stainless. Magnets don't stick to stainless, so not sure what's up there. I'm a little chicken of sticking a tank bag on the shiny tank anyway. Little grim in there and no more shiny. Definitely need my rear rack ;)

10. Oh I hadn't heard anything about discomfort. It felt pretty nice to me and I remember from one review the guy saying how super-comfortable the seat was.
    Bizarrely I'd prefer the plastic tank and cover of the regular diavel. The cost of replacing that steel tank shoukd it get dinged will be (in the words of Julia Roberts and Donald Trump) Yewj!! Still, cant worry about stuff like that!

11. Further update from the dealer today: The central peg kit will place the pegs "more or less where they are on teh normal Diavel but are still under-development back at the factory". So might be a good few months before we see those available.

12. Took a look and sat on the bike at Riders, they were doing test rides but too wet for me to bother but were having a steady stream of people going out on it. Being bout 5'7'' think I would need the pegs closest position as for the central position reckon it would be slightly more comfortable than the Diavel. And central pegs will be a kit option and tbh it's about time you could order your bike and spec it with options like a car at point of sale, perhaps that will happen one day :wink: . The bike had been out a few times before I got to see it, so a bit grubby but still didn't look as imposing in the flesh. Those I asked tho loved the way it rode! As for the X v XS debate, both appeal to me but it's those damn wheels of the S that would make me have that one :yum: . Interestingly the sales guy said they'd sold each version about 50/50 and that the first allocation had all been sold!

• Like Like x 2
  13. It's a nice bike for sure and if it was 14k I'd be all over it but 18.5k??? Really finding that hard to swallow without Ohlins.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Had mine delivered yesterday - but salt on the roads for awhile so no riding it yet.

XDS_delivery.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Nice bike.

16. 2016 Ducati XDiavel Dyno Tested

Dyno of an XD v D , and yes I know different dynos blah blah blah........... just for interest so don't go beating me with a sh...y stick :grinning:

17. I test rode Riders s model on Weekend, put down a deposit now on base model, wasnt sure if they talking rubbish when saying can take a few months etc to get in but I guess if popular will do, so put deposit down whilst I sort out my p/x and finance lol!
    I have now seen pics online of standard one at dealer more real pics than studio shots and prefer the matt paint and more black out look.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information