1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xdiavels

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by David Fielding, Apr 15, 2016.

1. I have recently bought an XDiavelS.
    I have a couple of issues - the biggie being mirror vibration at about 55-60mph onwards - its that bad I may as well not have them. Even when i soften the engine by moving into 5th or 6th gear - it makes no difference.
    I noticed this when i test rode 1 but was told nobody else had had a problem.
    Also I don't seem to be able to connect my i phone 6 to the bike (for what it gives me) - but once i have done my 650 miles on it I will make sure they get my phone to connect.
    The main issue is the mirrors (I was thinking of a rubber washer on the handlebar mounts or something).

Other than that the bike is superb.

Cheers,

2. Welcome, throw an image up of your bike & prehaps post in the dedicated section regarding your issues. I'd suggest some bar-end weights would eliminate the vibrations but how much..??

3. Welcome Dave

4. I have found the same problem with the mirrors.I am thinking on going to a bar end mirror.

5. Got bar end mirrors on the Scrambler, even though they're quite small they give a great view and don't vibrate at all image.jpeg

#5 Nigel Machin, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  6. Welcome to the forum!
    They're Ducati mirrors, they're supposed to vibrate so you cannot see anything LOL! :rolleyes: :D
    Embrace it! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Welcome. I have a Monster 1200 and it's just the same. As someone on this forum said - on a Ducati if you want to see what's behind you you have to sit facing the back.
    I've not tried them myself but a few have said bar end mirrors work well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information