1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yam rd350 ypvs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Ghost Rider, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Used to race mine, use it now to embarrass people on trackdays, great fun and surprisingly quick round somewhere like Cadwell. Bits for it are relatively cheap and its easy to tune and maintain.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. fookin gorgeous!!

3. Note the trick rear disc conversion ;-)

4. Lovely, Gibsons rather than Allspeeds, when was the picture taken?

• Like Like x 1
  5. luv it :upyeah:
    and comes with compulsory undersize number plate

mate of mine had an early lc in bright orange .....ahhh never got round to having one

6. The picture was taken a few years ago, I sold it to a guy in Scotland who takes very good care of it and is also an ex Ducati owner :upyeah: It cost me a small fortune to build from a wreck, but was worth it.

Al, any pictures of the YPVS yet??

7. I was 17 in March 81 & was lucky enough to be in a position to take delivery of a 250LC 5 days after my birthday, passed my test 3 weeks later, Elsie wasn't even run in, I was gutted that I hadn't borrowed a bike & bought the 350 instead as an older mate already had one, kept it standard apart from the pro-am fairing & a couple of stickers. Owned for a couple of years before selling & buying a 4 stroke, another year again & I bought a nearly new 350YPVS, this time it went to see a man called Stan in Kent & ran F3 Allspeeds, a bloody missile. I go to some of these Glos bike meets, see loads of 80's bikes, but it's the LC's that always get my attention & yet I had a go on a 350LC a few years back & have no desire to do so again.

8. Wow!

My first bike was a 1992 (i think) RD350R which was one of the later brazillian ones. It had twin headlamps which looked very much like the FZR600 of the time. I paid £2500 for it back then, had it for about 18 months I think before some idiot in a porsche pulled straight out in front of me causing me to hit the side of his car and did a superman over it.

Insurance gave me like £2k for repairs and let me keep the bike, which I then promptly sold for £2200 and with the insurance cash went out and bought a wicked ZXR750L2.

I quite enjoyed the RD, the noise when the powervalve kicked in was awesome and the smell of 2 stroke oil.... only thing which I found was a pain was the spacers where the manifold bolted to the head used to seem to last 5 minutes and kept causing the bike to run rough.

9. wow really nice bikes. I want one, and am looking for one now.

Does anyone know if a 4UO bike would have been for the Japanese market and an import to the UK (I mean not a UK bike)?

10. 4U0 is a Japanese market RZ350, in other words a 350 YPVS.

12. You're just teasing us!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Weren't the original RD250/350LC's also called RZ's? I had a Tamiya model LC not to long after I had the real thing & now I see the letters RZ, it rings a bell

14. Yes, in the US and Japan and probably some other countries.

15. Yes you're right, blame my memory. Ruined by breathing in too many two-stroke fumes! It's a non-YPVS LC ;-)

16. No, I've ripped up the skin on both my arms again...........every time I flinch a muscle in them, they bleed badly, so I'm not driving or riding until next weekend....

AL

17. Terry Beckett..................that's a name I recall.....

18. hmm, I think my 83 YPVS had a speedo that read up to 120 & after Stan Stephens had sprinkled fairy dust over it, or whatever else he did back then. It was going off the clock in 4th with 2 more gears to go!

19. By chance, I saw these two at my local bike shop yesterday.. the YPVS was very nice, a show bike it hadn't been used on the road since it was built. The owner had a few bikes.. RGs, X7s and LCs

1175314_447293931973754_371544717_n.jpg

1175314_447293931973754_371544717_n.jpg

20. An alternative use for a YPVS engine....

1158.jpg

1158.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information