1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yam rd350 ypvs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Ghost Rider, Aug 10, 2013.

1. This, I believe, was the product of a Lancashire lad who stripped and rebuilt his scooter some 300 times in the process of getting the Yam engine to fit. Thereafter he was offering the conversion as a kit.

2. Its a guy called Frank Sanderson (Lambretta Innovations) who builds these.

3. Yep, that's the guy.

4. all that engine on wheelbarrow tyres, bet thats interesting at times!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Where's the rad on that scooter?

6. Ah, the Rosser Lammy. Its come a long way since his first one. I remember unfinished projects, monies owed, non deliveries. Sorry but if it aint a tuned lammy engine, its cheating. Even after 20yrs I'm still an opinionated scooterist (ex) lol. The argument continues....

7. Inside the glove box behind the legshields.

This one isn't a Rossa; build 3 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Still cheating. :p My old AF S Type GP250 would do 96mph, with 2 fingers on the clutch and a prayer to any god that was listening.

Just look at this moron...hehe
    84611631-C186-49D2-8343-9C3C594C4277-2405-000007C3F423B3DA.jpg

84611631-C186-49D2-8343-9C3C594C4277-2405-000007C3F423B3DA.jpg

9. Hmm ... tax disc is in the wrong place :mad:

Nuttynick, you're a wrong'un!

:biggrin:

10. Update..........The model is an F2 and it is a bit scruffy..........the owner doesn't want to sell it now, but he would like to swap it for my SS instead.........

.......well, that isn't going to happen, is it?

AL

11. That depends on how much you value your SS at? It might not be very rational, but might make financial sense.

12. To tell the truth, I am tempted......It has the full fairing and is quite low mileage...........

........but I don't know if I can face doing loads of work to improve it, when the SS is very clean and tidy.

13. There is no way on earth that a scruffy 350 power-valve is worth as much as a decent SS...

14. In another 4 or 5 years the SS will be worth dust, but the YPVS will have more than doubled in value, that's what he means by sound financial investment.

15. That's what is in the back of my mind, although I don't think the SS will be that bad, bearing in mind the prices Made In Italy sells them for............

..........but on the other hand, I probably won't be riding in five years time (in fact I probably won't be breathing) and as my SS is rideable now and the Yam isn't......................

AL

16. Don't buy as an investment, buy to enjoy. The satisfaction is in the riding, not the storing.

17. A scruffy SS will be worth about 1000-1500, in fact the one I broke to build my Radical Pantah cost me £850 with a rare half fairing. Where as a scruffy F2 will probably be above that. I've just had a look on ebay and there's an earlier one with a horrible Powerbonze fairing being sold for total restoration, it's a right mess, and it's at £620...

18. Yep..........but I can ride my SS and its clean and tidy, plus there appears to be some cred to running a Ducati rather than a Yam (F nose why) .......

.......besides although the Yam runs, it needs new tyres and sprockets / chain and god know what else........

I think I would rather ride than fiddle....

But....................................................................................... ?

AL

19. Buy a scruffy power-valve and you're buying into a world of replacing tyres, bearings, brake pads, chain & sprockets, rusting fuel tank... And at least one engine rebuild / re-bore... You think Ducatis have dodgy electrics? 1980's Jap two-strokes are just as bad, if not worse... Then there's the cosmetics... All of which costs money. Unless you're a certified masocist or REALLY love spending all your spare time in a shed it's not worth it ( worth it in time and effort, not purely in financial terms ).

20. And I know they are called Power-valves..............but if they are anything like the reed valves on my RD350B, I would be forever replacing them as well................

.........oh, and the RD and pistons...........god knows how many pairs and sets of rings I went through..............I might just as well have owned a TZ350..........

AL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information