1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha MT 07

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Carlos Fandango, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Saw this at the NEC last year and as soon as I put a leg over I knew it was for me. Ideal bike for a 49 year old newby like me, great riding position (much more comfortable than my 600SS) and enough punch for it to be fun but not intimidating.

First impressions from the press have been amazing and I am now thinking of buying one, my first ever brand new bike! I've booked my test ride, I'll let you know how I get on.

mt-07-top.jpg

I recon white looks the best

2014-Yamaha-MT-07-EU-Competition-White-Studio-001.jpg

mt-07-top.jpg

2014-Yamaha-MT-07-EU-Competition-White-Studio-001.jpg

#1 Carlos Fandango, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. The 'Press' are raving about it but you may want to get a test ride of the O9 and perhaps the Triumph Street Triple as well. I personally will not go near a newly released model from any manufacturer, prefer someone else to have the teething issues.

3. Looks a good bike at a very good price.
    Steve

4. Dealer I spoke to said it's better than the 09, better to ride less snatchy as it doesn't have the ride by wire. Plus at £5300 on the road it's a bargain

5. Enjoy your test ride.

at this rate we are going to need a Yamaha sub forum.......

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not impressed by anything in Yamaha's range at the moment. The MT07 and MT09 are both bikes built to a [cheap] price, look it, and feel it too. Spend £5300 on a used Street Triple R - far more bike than the MT07 or MT09 ever will be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Actually ridden both have you?

8. Theres already a cbr1000rr one ;)

9. Don't need to ride it. Have seen it in the flesh, and both have a cheap finish with cheap componentry. Quite simply, I think a punter with 5300 hard earned will be a mug to spend it on brand new cheap Yams instead of a lightly used STR which has a class leading motor AND handling, better quality components in the first place, and has already paid the 20% tax plus some depreciation.

10. I know the guy from Deardens Yamaha quite well in holbury, he reckons the 09 is a real giggle to ride and is enough bike for the 'road', but then he does normally ride a r1!
    I sat on one at the NEC, seemed cheap and cheerful

11. Thought not, I'll let you know what it's really like in a couple of weeks after I have actually ridden one.

Fair point about a used STR, doesn't float my boat though and I don't think Triumph build quality is any better than Yamaha.

Wantz. It is cheap and cheerful, that's the appeal it's just a very good value bloody good motorcycle perfect for hooning around on a Sunday, summer commuting and just simple pleasures

#11 Carlos Fandango, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Nothing wrong with cheap n cheerful :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good thing we don't all think alike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. back in 2001 i bought a pegasso 650 £3700 new against every ones recommendations, buy a second hand this or that for the same money. bought it mainly for the 60 mile commute and first bike after 14 year break. total hoot btw. handled great for what it was. mostly twisty around here. and on runs out i was rarely left behind. the yam looks no bad to me, i would if that's the style i was after.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My brother is talking about ditching his 1098S and buying an MT09. They may be cheap, but they certainly have appeal, and all the roadtest I've read have been more than positive. I still think they're butt ugly though.

16. I know, there is a Triumph one as well. I think my steed (tt600 natch) must covered in the ' vintage classics' sub section......it's nowhere else:frown:

17. I like the idea of both of the new Yamaha's so either a triple or a parallel twin which should sound like a V due to cross plane configuration.Also love that purple colour they come in.

18. I like the idea of both of the new Yamaha's so either a triple or a parallel twin which should sound like a V due to cross plane configuration.Also love that purple colour they come in too.

19. Doh.

20. Yamaha have got this right a bike that looks good is fun and is cheap will get people riding again
    paying over 10 grand for a bike is not value for money

Do Not Sell My Personal Information