1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha Niken

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Recidivist, Dec 5, 2017.

1. I'd certainly like to have a test ride!

2. Hardly a revolution.

3. Based on an MT-09 - can't see a price on-line but it looks sooo odd on this still image...

2018%20main%20black.jpg

4. Revolution x 3 actually :)

5. Looks hideous!!

6. Looks weird, but I have had sports bikes,till getting the MTS 1200 4 years ago. Being 55 and a short leg, I sometimes wonder in a few years if I will like the stability this,thing offers, as I sometimes struggle with the MTS seat height.

7. So. Yamaha bought Reliant...

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Suppose it saves the weight of a side stand...

Do not see many advantages of this though...??

Looks a bit quadish (raptor) looking from front...

9. I don't understand its purpose, if it was designed for off-road use I'd kinda get it as it would be a lot easier to cross rough terrain without falling off but they only show it on the road with road tyres?

Must weigh a huge amount with 2x front wheels, forks, and associated gubbins.

10. Saw it at the show and thought it would be great as a commuter where you do quite a long commute. More stable for wet/icy roads, technically a trike (?) so car licence enough, no helmet if so inclined in a run to the chip shop, wet still narrow enough to filter traffic.

11. depends where they go with the technology - mow much harder can you push the front end? could you put a rear tyre with a bigger footprint on the back and put more traction down?

12. Why not put two tyres on the back too?

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Watched the video several times because I can't make my mind up if they are deliberately using slow motion to hide the ) that it looks like the rider is most definitely not "making progress" through those gorgeous bends. Looks pretty pedestrian to me and the rider needs to put the ball of his foot on the inside peg otherwise he'll wear his boots out. Andy

14. no need for a differential

15. Should eliminate any need for wheelie control ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I don't get it? What's it for really?
    Too busy wondering if they could to stop and ask if they should??

#16 Wayne58, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Is it really small enough to filter?

18. Imho yes, certainly no wider than a multi or an older hyper with mirrors

Pretty sure te video being played showed it off road with road tyres too. Ok hard gravel stuff but still looked fun. Also on the track shots fella was almost knee down in heavy wet in regular tyres

19. Rented a 500cc Piaggio MP3 on holiday last year, placated the Mrs enough for me to take the kids on the back. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would TBH, could get quite enthusiastic. Youngest daughter was a bit alarmed at how easily it ground out though...

Limited market for the Niken I'm sure, but imagine that it will have sufficient popularity in other countries, if not here.

20. Took these at the NEC. I quite like it, would love to have a go on one, looks a bit of a laugh.

0F5494E5-835E-486F-88A4-7CC806175751.jpeg 259D6DE3-D599-4425-B7DE-B53F4D72D48A.jpeg D67F4CF9-076A-4728-866A-627B3E1114BF.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information