1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha R7 Arrives

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by WeeDavey, May 19, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Where R/World Meets Yours
    The lively 689cc CP2 engine with A&S clutch provides torque-rich acceleration for a truly exciting riding experience on the track and road. The super narrow and aerodynamic bodywork features an aggressive twin-eye face with a powerful central LED headlight – and the sharp tail and deeply sculpted tank are shaped by pure R-Series DNA. The R7’s high specification brakes and suspension give optimum controllability when cornering and braking.

The frontal area of the R7 is the smallest of the R-Series models, and ensures the highest levels of aerodynamic efficiency – while clip-on handlebars, rear sets and a bump-stop seat give you an adaptable and sporty riding position. This outstanding next generation Supersport makes R/World a reality for thrill-seeking riders like you – whether you’re riding on the track or out on the road.
    https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/supersport/r7/

2. 70 ish horse and 188kgs.

sounds wank. I don’t understand what’s wrong with a 600 tbh. Better in every way yet nobody buys them new anymore.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I would bet it’s nothing more than the fact that because they Rev to 16k revs, they can’t keep them lean and quiet enough for a emission test that has to be at a % of max revs. Personally I would take a an in-line 4 that revs to 12k revs and makes really good useable power and torque and would certainly be less noisy than the new breed of twins but I guess that’s why I don’t run a bike company.

I’ll say this, A GSXR600 K2 feels like a 750cc compared to the modern 600’s below 10k revs.... they got lost somewhere.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Which fucking think tank came up with the idea anyone wants a 70hp twin?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sorry, I thought this was nostalgia, didn’t realise Yamaha had screwed with an all time classic and given the nomenclature to that. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Nope - don't get that.

7. Why can’t they build these things with less weight?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. This is a R7
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Still want one :cool: hasn't dated one bit

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Seems to be a new class of bike coming ....this is to compete with the Aprilia RS 660 and my guess is there will be more to come from various manufacturers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bonny bikes for sure, but weren't they restricted to buggery (50hp ish locked up) without a stupidly priced factory upgrade package?

As far as the new thing goes, totally agree with the wtf is the point sentiments previously made.

12. As someone who loved the old 400s and 2t 250s I wouldn't be too put off with the power or lack thereof. The P twin is a bit of a downer but if i'm honest I havent ridden one since the first er6 and it sounds like they have come a long way since then.
    There is clearly a gap in the market for accessible sportsbikes and without the restrictions of a race series it's interesting to see the diversity of the manufacturers emerging offerings.

13. I think you're right to a (small) degree in that I seem to recall they were a smidgeon down on power to the previous YZF750 incarnation straight out of the box, but not to 50ish bhp. Haga could cut some shapes with it in full fat trim though couldn't he!

14. Think he meant 50hp down, not down to 50hp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Even that's not right for it's proddie spec. No 750 of the time was cranking 160hp off the show room floor, only WSBK trim.

16. Out of the box the originals were restricted to 106bhp and 2 race kits were available. I had a mate (Mike @Rage Designs) who had one, not sure if he had any race kit installed.

Anyway given he paints bikes and lids for a living he managed to acquire a set of track bodywork for it and did a proper Haga rep on his, looked stunning on road and track trim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R7

• Like Like x 1
  17. Doesnt sound so bad, this is what got me into bikes in general and Ducati in particular shortly after the industrial revolution. 68bhp IIRC
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Eventually it will be governments and insurance companies that will decide what you can ride not manufacturers, they will just obey the rules at the time. Euro 3/4/5 , riding licence test etc. I tell you, Big Brother is already here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Been that way for years already. Insurance companies deciding what level of cover you must have and if you cant afford it, you are screwed.
    The number of times I've been told that this vehicle must be fully comp, when I was happy with tpf&t is crazy.

20. Certainly happy with my 70 HP BUT these things have class, not so sure about the Yamy :)

011 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information