1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha R7 Arrives

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by WeeDavey, May 19, 2021.

1. Still looks better than the majority of new bikes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. You're a bloke I'd love to be mates with! A Hailwood and a square case SS. Mhmmm. Ridden a fair few kays on a '82 900SS and '78 Darmah - lovely, much like my old Guzzi 1000S. Long, low, lazy lovers of fast sweepers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I remember the first time I rode one, it was 1983 and I had a 600 Pantah at the time. I couldnt believe the difference between the 2 bikes , both wonderful but in different ways.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The more new bikes I see, the more I don't want to buy one!

Maybe (probably) it's me and it's an age thing....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. A parallel twin - so its basically like an SV650 with some make up on. It'll sound like a diarrhetic fart too no doubt.

6. Any “sports” bike that attracts more youngsters to the fraternity has to be a good thing in my book.
    I really don’t think Yamaha or Aprillia are after already hardened sportsbike riders here.
    So, good to see in my books.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agree. It won’t be long before insurers won’t provide cover or the price with be punitive and prohibitive unless you agree to a speed monitoring black box being fitted. And then we will all live happily ever after as safe and secure little zombies, driving, drone-like but danger-free, to and from our cctv protected houses so we can fulfil our primary duty as citizens to work and shop as much as possible (remotely of course).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information