1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow Goodness Inside Also Zx7r Owners ........ Talk To Me !

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Count_Ducoo, Oct 21, 2021.

1. All of its 90’s glory ​
    5380CD6B-D2E9-4D5F-9495-0809C090A143.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. just need an srad 750 next to it now. :D

3. This bike stuff is going to get costly isn’t it ? :joy:

I am doing mental gymnastics this morning and by my reckoning I need two more bikes :eyes: and a van

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. man maths at its best my friend :upyeah:

5. I had P4 model in green many years ago after a ZXR750 H1, around 1999 or year 2000. The ZX7 had the most amazing confidence inspiring front end feel, I could push that bike harder than anything I have ever owned since, but obviously being younger helped with that! Didn't have huge power but just enough so that you felt you were getting everything out of it by riding hard.
    Strange thing is that everything in your memory always feels better, because I jumped on one around 5 or 6 years later and it felt like a heavy old boat with non-existent brakes! Still one of the best looking bikes ever, brings back memories of Walker in BSB and Yanagawa in WSB.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bit late to this thread, here's mine. Bought it to scratch an itch after owning one many moons ago. Fantastic bike, but I think the 998 is more comfortable!!!

IMG_20200714_153802112_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Wtf :astonished::astonished:

8. Well, I say that having not ridden the 998 for nigh on 18 months/2 years, so perhaps my memory is cloudy:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thanks to those that gave help / advice I finally got mine today, I delayed getting it over Christmas as had too much on at the time

So some very lacklustre wheelie bin lacking pics to follow as it was belting it down so has to put it away quick but I will update @Ducbird when I get her back out for a clean up and I finish off getting my license

Having only ridden the 125 / 600 at the training centre I can only give a short opinion but in my short stint getting it into the garage it felt so much better than being bolt upright and it doesn’t feel as heavy as various media alluded to it weighing but so much more solid compared to the other bikes

Already looking for a track / project Zx-7r as I want to keep this in one piece for the road and then onto an 1198

287A8F68-98B6-4F21-BB4A-36FB86F93394.jpeg F4D26E5C-D562-43EB-A5F6-09F6B7EF3A40.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Lovely! Best colour! :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks really happy with it have some bits to sort, the tail tidy lights need replacing either return to standard or an integrated tail light unit

Has a carbon sticker on the top of the forks / head needs removing and unfortunately time and my lack of sympathy just broke the starter button at the hinge so now need to get a new one or the RH switch gear hopefully just the button

Also not a fan of the reflective strip round the wheel rims but yes love the colour scheme

12. This is my most ‘almost bought’ bike :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. As much as I want to get a 748/916 think they will become my almost bikes as between a track bike and an 1198 I’ll be pushing my luck with her indoors

14. Very nice mate, enjoy.

15. Much appreciated going to give everything a deep clean see what if anything looks like it needs attention then hopefully be on it for when the weather improves

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information