1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow Light

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by David Hales, Apr 14, 2018.

1. ok yellow light is staying on, would the new exact battery cables affect it?

2. No.
    The light won't go out until you ride the bike and the ECU gets a signal again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. A signal isn’t generated until the (ferrous) bolts start passing the speedo sensor and the bike or wheel needs to be moving for that to happen.

4. Update, took it for its maiden voyage, 50 miles, yellow light goes of when I accelerate but comes back on when normal crusing, also seems a bit under powered, so may get it booked in to get it checked over

5. Still got yellow light, changed the lamda sensor, that didn’t help, is it worth removing the spacer for the Speedo sensor as the caliper bracket is powder coated?

6. Worth a try but make sure you have clearance.

7. Is your speedometer working??
    If so, no point.
    If the speedo is working but yellow light is still on, maybe disconnect the battery to see if it will clear it?

8. Speedo is working, I have disconnected the battery twice now, still no joy

9. If the speedo is working, you are getting a signal to the ecu from the sensor, so no point in messing about with the sensor cos it’s working.
    Have you checked for error codes?

10. The yellow light is most likely indicative of another fault, not the speed sensor. Best to connect JPdiag and read the error codes.

11. Can you not do this on the dash on this model??

12. I don't know, I've never dealt with a GT. I know that you can read error codes on some models, mainly the 749/999, some models are a bit more cryptic and some simply light up the engine management light with no further information.

13. Oh, having a 999, I imagined they are all like that.

14. Reset your tps ?

15. How do I do this?

16. No idea???? Sorry?

• Like Like x 1
  17. JPdiag. A TPS requiring a reset won't put the yellow light on though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. The warning light could be one of several problems. Only way you’ll get an answer is to either use a diagnostic tool like JpDiag or get it to a dealer and have codes read out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Did you get sorted re the warning light?

20. Not yet, got it booked in for 11 May as we are away from 2-9 May

Do Not Sell My Personal Information