1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow Mk1 Superlight Look

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by wolfram, Dec 10, 2016.

1. just to add, the colours are three stage colours applied wet on wet following a normal grey primer :

white ground coat and then the top coat and lacquer.

2. which termi system do you have? is it the full spaghetti system?
    The high brackets will pull the exits of the exhaust just under your indicators, and they're a bugger to align left/right so you could find that you end up with one higher than the other and it'll melt the bottom of your indicator.

If you can't get them to sit level then you have to do some clever shimming of the indicator as there's not enough meat in the crappy termi brackets to make slots enough to give you clearance.

With the spaghetti system dry fit and don't do anything up or put the springs on until you've got your fit spot on or as happy as you can get it. then tighten the headers, then tighten the cans, then look to the lower mount incase you need to space off or start faffing with it (don't bolt it up straight away) and last of all springs.

may the force be with you...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hi Sev, thanks for the background - I'm not sure the earliest yellow Superlights had the rear brake rod. I think it was a later addition.

If one looks at the photos of mark ones on the superlight register, http://www.ducati900sl.com/mk-i.html the majority don't have it. That is either because most owners removed them (unlikely) or alternatively a few owners 'upgraded' them (more likely)

#23 wolfram, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. The earlier bikes had the top mounted rear caliper. The later bikes had the underslung

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Well, all the yellow bits are on. I will post better pictures tomorrow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. Different colours for different moods

7. It is definitely different to ride with the single seat. The yellow certainly gets attention. I was worried about the white wheels, but I think they suit the yellow OK. I was worried about the colour as both the red and black look ace on the white frame, but I think yellow is perfect for this weather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Looks stunning Philip, I love what you've done with the 3 different sets of clothes for it. Oh, and whites the best choice for all three to match!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Looks great, white wheels tie in with the frame.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Nice work! Me likey.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information