1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, Yes, Yes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Jan 21, 2021.

1. The idea of your immune system is to fight off any nasties that enter it. You may well and as you can see experience a typical immune response headaches/nausea/muscle ache/sickness/sleeping/feeling out of sorts for a few days
    Sounds quite normal and both vaccines list them as side affects.

Having Zometa is exactly like that ^^^^imagine having to experience it once a month to keep your bones from breaking down :grinning:

Just think your doing a great job for the likes of people like me who may not get any response to the vaccination I appreciate you doing this to protect me and people like me
    So thank you :heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Google is your friend :)

3. I don't think they've started the under 80's yet.

4. The Omni calculator should give you a rough idea based on information you enter. Check with Karen on Facebook as to what to enter for the current vaccination rate and uptake %.

5. meh, dont need karen, our news tells us how shite we are in compprison. constantly, on loop.

• Funny Funny x 1

6. Mine was well above and beyond that. So was my colleagues. I had basically full blown flu for 4 days. With severe nausea. Migraines. Sweats. Cramps. Everything ached. Dizziness. Sick. Couldn’t keep food down. Eyes were burning.

Basically every one of the symptoms and then some.

It wasn’t nice and as said I’d already had covid which did nothing at all. If I was an old duffer or already unwell I think the jab could have been a pretty bad situation for me

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Not true, I have had mine.

8. I read somewhere that the government reckon they’ve done half the vulnerable....

which probably means they’ve been doing people in another country or perhaps even horses knowing this government

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Whilst I'm more inclined to see a grain of truth in the news compared to Karen of FB (obviously my earlier comment was tongue in cheek) the reports I've seen are still very much click-bait/sensationalist in nature. Granted it's a shit constantly evolving situation and easy to criticise when you're not making the decisions but the UK, despite numerous blunders, is making reasonable headway with vaccination in comparison to most European counterparts.

https://www.ft.com/content/cdfb7b28-8306-4db2-8dd6-4f85a92b1778

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. i'm sure the OP didnt intend for it to turn into cock weaving compatiton over vacination rates accross the UK on his thread.
    it's all good, folks up here will know what i was reffereing to. or, they dont have a TV, Radio, or have walked past a newsagent of late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Im due mine middle of Feb I have noted all that you have experienced and will keep you all updated when I have mine o_O

12. Have any organs got larger or any other side effects like you’ve grown an extra head or some such?

13. Must be Bill Gates’ nanobots ;)

• Funny Funny x 1

14. Gutted mate but nope

• Like Like x 1

15. As said, everyone I know who’s been sick from the jab is people mainly in their 20’s :)

16. It might be different in different areas. My dad (91), mum (86) and my next door neighbour (86) got theirs last week.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Had the Astra Zeneca vaccine this afternoon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. It might be different in different areas. My dad (91), mum (86) and my next door neighbour (86) got theirs last week.
    in england they have been focusing on the over 80s that are not in care homes, other countries have been following the advice from the JVC.

19. My Mother (80’s) had hers last Wednesday, no side effects.

Partners Sister had hers as she’s a nurse just a massive headache.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I have a choice of which one to book in for and have no idea.

Colleagues have had completely different reactions to each of them - no pattern to whether it made them ill or not based on fitness or age so it really does seem like a random lottery.

My 90 year old great aunt had the Astra Zeneca jab and just felt a bit tired afterwards - a colleague had the same and said he felt like he had a 48 hour hangover and another in his 20’s had the Pfizer and was off work for 2 days.

I would be more motivated to get it done if they gave me a card that said I could go skiing afterwards!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information