1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, Yes, Yes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Jan 21, 2021.

1. I had no choice as to which vaccine I was given, just had to accept what they had, and am grateful for it, just remember, the symptoms you may get from the vaccine only last a few days if that , dying is much more permanent!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. The quantity of vaccine each PCN are given are pretty random, and only known at the last minute.

They’re trying to minimise wastage, so you’ll get whichever they have, or the one with shortest shelf life.

Second should be 2 weeks (Oxford-AZ) or 12 weeks (P).

They’re doing it in reverse age order, but the government aren’t taking into account the size of each cohort in each region, so when they get to you will depend where you are and the demographic.

They’re starting to consider allowing the transfer of vaccine between PCNs, so that may even things up.

There is no common approach to care homes, but we’ve been taking vaccine to them, and have done most in the PCN already.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I had the Astra Zeneca yesterday and was also very grateful for it. This morning I have no adverse side effects.

• Like Like x 5

4. The only query it does raise for me is that it seems a lot of young people are getting ill from the jab and obviously not covid.

I had covid and to be honest I’ve had much worse colds.

the jab however made me pretty damn unwell. Statistically I’m more likely to die falling down the stairs than I am from Covid so why not focus on the vulnerable elderly folk who really need it instead of giving it to people who don’t need it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. More like banging your head on a low oak beam in a grade 1 listed property.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Well, I've researched this extensively on Facebook, Youtube, and other similar very reliable sources. So far the expert who stands out is "Moshina" she/he/ none binary has suggested that is doesn't matter which vaccine you allow to invade your "Ora" the main side effect is that in Men your scrotum will extend below your kneecap and in Women, your Minora & Majora will droop to your ankles, not sure what happens to the none binary minority, perhaps both!!! but in addition to the saggy skin, the hair growth in the genital area is increased 10 fold, so as I am blessed with what can only be described as an "Elvis quiff" around my lad and his spherical pals I've decided to give the jab a miss. Hope this helps!

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. how’d you work out you chance of not surviving it? If you’re just using the overall death rate, then that’s not the best measure (unless you’re absolutely average on every measure that influences it).

8. Last I checked it was 338 people in 12 months that had died from covid who were under the age of 80 (or something) that didn’t have known underlying health issues

9. Sounds like you’ve got it sussed. The data wasn’t collated by the ONS in enough detail AFAIK (I remember 5k ish before they stopped counting, but that dataset didn’t filter on age). I just get the anecdotal information from the medical staff at work, and given the long term impact it’s had on some (and more recently on much younger patients), I’ll be first in line.

Everyone has their own risk tolerance obviously, but let’s hope both our strategies work out well.

10. Ye

11. Got Pfizer jab as nhs frontline aches fatigues and been getting allergic to cat and dog
    My trust which was shamed by guardian newspaper and CFC Hillingdon because the ceo and medical director were threatening staff with removal for wearing masks is refusing second jab despite its A&E staff seeing covid pts interesting the excuse is they are not allowed but neighbouring trust are giving frontline staff second jab
    Seeing sick people I rather take the jab 1&2 then get covid

12. Unfortunately and this isn't the first time I've heard this now, my cousins missus who's a paramedic and has had both jabs now has fallen ill with Covid. Nothing serious as she's in her 20's however so has a few of her colleagues.

As said this isn't the first instance i've heard of now either. Not good.

People seem to be forgetting that vaccines aren't 100% or even close to that usually. Think the influenza vaccine that's been around for decades is around 48% effective... I did think it was a little wishful thinking when the government started shouting about c19's being 99% or whatever they reckoned it was .. Common sense and looking historically tells us there's no such thing as total safety

• Like Like x 1
  13. worse is they have said the firms producing relatively untested vaccines cannot eb sued and my trust are refusing second dose which is what the data is published and ratified by MHRA for !

• Agree Agree x 1

14. Yeah it does all seem somewhat moody and at very least desperate.

It seems we have been guided in to putting all of our eggs in to one rather unstable looking basket.. a basket that looked unstable when this was first discussed aswell

15. Perhaps you could offer a better strategy?

The claimed efficacy rate is 80ish percent (of both vaccines in use). Doctors I’ve spoken to seem to prefer the Pfizer vaccine, for some reason.

Herd immunity through vaccination doesn’t rely on 100% efficacy so one person getting ill doesn’t mean the approach is wrong.

Anyway, since this is desperate (and moody, whatever that means), share your wisdom... what’s your plan?

16. forgot to add - could you drop me a PM about any centre refusing a 2nd vaccine (and that doesn’t mean delaying until 12 weeks after first dose). The SOPs are very clear about the process that must be followed and nobody should be deviating from them.

17. we should have instituted barriers at airports/ports in dec 2019 when I started seeing COVID patients (dying) like other countries eg Covid neg tests, isolation at hotels,
    didn't need a lockdown if enforced facemarks ie fines, social distancing , testing etc all a bit too late.
    anyway we need to vaccinate vulnerable (but if shielding then the risk is reduced or low ) so do we need to vaccinate them ?
    I go back to the Ducati forum just got my Chinese tail piece for my V2 for £56 as opposed to £300 it looks like it will fit - bike really clean as well !!!!

18. There’s been a shed load of very plausible stuff mentioned in this forum from many people which has and hasn’t included me.

I have nothing else to add to what’s been mentioned many many times and don’t wish to repeat myself any more than I have already.

the whole ‘oh you could do better could you’ - ‘oh you’re an expert on this are you’ strategy is very 2020 now. Our own government have proven totally incompetent at running this country but that’s okay because they’re qualified.

Common sense is common sense.

No thanks

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Awesome. If you can deliver that time machine (I’d consider that an essential journey), we can get this sorted in a jiffy.

But do send that PM about those risking their medical licenses by not following the SOPs we can have a word with them when we get back to 2019.

20. ok, so if you’re not prepared to suggest something else, how about explaining your concern over the vaccine not being effective (you seem to think that means the current approach is flawed).

Are my understanding of the requirements for herd immunity or the performance characteristics of the vaccines incorrect? What am I missing that is required to understand the conclusion you came to?

#60 Yajeed, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information