1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, Yes, Yes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Jan 21, 2021.

1. As clinically extremely vulnerable with blood cancer and shielding since March last year
    It would be nice to leave this house but vaccinating me doesn’t guarantee me immunity sadly, I’m reliant on herd immunity.
    We are hoping that I get some immune response but even after my vaccination I STILL have to shield.

:) how about you “normal” people shield for a year while us CEV go about our lives

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Let’s hope it offers some protection - hopefully they’ll be able to test for antibodies?

Are you in the next cohort (70 yr olds plus extremely vulnerable). We’re doing ours next week so it hopefully won’t be long.

Best of luck with everything.

3. I’m not sure anyone on here is normal though.

• Agree Agree x 3

4. Thank you :)
    i should be vaccinated middle of Feb along with the 70’s

We are hoping for some antibodies there is no data so far for myeloma patients even 1 is better than none.
    Even then we will still be reliant on herd immunity.

until the government really know how the vaccination plan has worked
    Hands face space is here to stay for a while longer yet for EVERYONE

5. I’m not even sure there is a plan, I think the ‘plan’ will evolve as the experts observe the progress of the virus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. exactly this

7. Matt Hancock said exactly that at the briefing today.

8. there will be new variants constantly after all its the flu virus family even with vaccine its depends on individuals how they build up antibodies or not only a month ago I complained about sainsbury letting people in without masks & the security guards said they have no powers ... private property can enforce can't be bothered , rave sine act London a few days ago - they are all ruining my riding time

9. Errr, what? Covid is in the flu family of viruses? You mean influenza or Orthomyxoviridae?

10. Follow up - had the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.

Arm hurts a bit and I had an upset stomach the morning after but that might have had more to do with the McDonald’s I had just before the jab!

Otherwise all fine apart from the usual cravings for brains and human flesh............ ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SWMBO is booked in for her first vaccine injection this morning.

• Like Like x 3
  12. SWMBO’s just been and it was simple and quick. In and out in about 30 secs. She had the Astra Zenica one so no doubt she’ll be ill for the next couple of days

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. yeah but you don’t want long Covid and the floapy boaby:)

14. Yes, those who can should to keep safe those that can’t. What’s a few days discomfort for the fit and healthy to keep those who have health conditions alive and well?

looking forward to getting mine

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. When my other half had hers she just felt a little tired (no doubt as her body was busy producing antibodies).
    A few have said the site of the injection is a little tender afterward, but she didn't have that.

Fingers crossed she doesn't feel any ill effects.

• Like Like x 1
  16. As an aside, my brother who lives/works in Abu Dhabi, had his two vaccination injections back in August and September last year. So why has it taken so long for us and the rest of the world to get it?

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. i assume that was a different (unapproved) vaccine, and part of a trial?

The short answer is that vaccines had not been approved in the U.K. at that time.

In fact, trials were only started in April on human subjects. As far as I know, the first phase 3 trial results were published in November (Pfizer).

In summary - if he was vaccinated back then, it’s highly likely he was an early candidate in a vaccine trial programme before approval - probably a phase 2 trial.

Were we too cautious? Personally, I don’t think so. We’ve rushed approval through and beat the US and most of Europe in doing so.

The Oxford vaccine trials were stopped globally in September due to an unexplained death, so they were still big questions left unanswered at that point.

#77 Yajeed, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  18. Google seems to suggest that they’re using the China developed vaccine out there, and have just made it available in the past week:
    https://gulfbusiness.com/covid-19-dubai-to-commence-administering-sinopharm-vaccine/

19. No idea. However he did send me a copy of the certificate he was given after his second jab, stating that he’d had it, and therefore was free to travel. I’d post a pic of it but it was sent on WhatsApp and I’ve deleted the pic.

20. Are you sure it wasn’t a COVID test rather than a vaccination? There currently is not enough scientific evidence to prove that those that are vaccinated cannot carry or spread the disease.

it’s really odd that they’re suggesting that’s the case, and giving certificates.

Anyway, I don’t know what Dubai are doing, though to answer your original question, it appears their vaccination programme is currently behind that of the U.K.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information