1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet More Tales From The Shed.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Nelson, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Excuse my earlier pique - I shall now commence with the build...:pompus:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. So jealous of you lot that know how to build project bikes... is this something that anyone can learn? I've no mechanical training, but good at reading and quite practical... but I guess you need loadsa toolsand gear...

I toyed with the idea of a kit Dax Conra years ago, always fancied doing a project but chickened out.

Probably don't have time anyway. Sob.

3. you just need a couple of folk, with your management / leadership and aspirational skills you could get them to do it for you :grinning:..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ha ha, very funny.

Saw the red message update circle and go all excited that someone had posted the idiot's guide to building a project bike, and... sigh...

5. Agree, wish i could. I'm kind of working up to it by striping bikes a little more every year. I don't think the forums prepared for me to do a full project yet, maybe by 2020.:Bag:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well that's the first 20K post thread organised then :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Should easily smash "what have you done today" :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not selling now then..

9. that's what I was thinking. I'm glad he ain't but he did say he was selling right? Thought I dreamt it as I can't find the post now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Same here, I took the fact that he was back at work meant the bike was staying put.

11. well, I wish he would get on with it!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Good news that this project is back on again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Not just now mate...:Muted:

• Like Like x 5

14. Only one way to find out ..... get started and loads of helpers on this here forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I might just do that one day... the problem is time and garage space at the moment... not to mention lack of know-how, skills and tools...

But I can see myself having a go if sometime in the near future I magically had no need to pay the bills by working for a living... ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  16. okie pokie - Progress!
    IMG_3274.JPG IMG_3275.JPG
    Electrics modded and working.
    Fuel system fitted and working.
    Cooling system fitted, working and no leaks.
    She starts on the button from cold and idles nice and steady with no popping or banging from exhaust or airbox. One strange feature is she idles quite high 2.5-3k from cold, then settles once there's a temp reading on the dash. I think this is a feature of the hybrid Multi map I have....No biggie!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Nelson, what's your views regarding fuel regulators? Use stock, modify or alternative?

18. Looking good. :upyeah:

19. I'm bloody sure I posted on yr build thread last night!
    Didn't press post...:Banghead:

20. Ok thanks. Plan was to run as stock and see how it goes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information