1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Motorcycling History.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Favourite bike you’ve owned ?
    2006 R1
    First bike ?
    ss50 Honda

First bike after passing test ?
    z550

Bike you most regret selling (not necessarily financial reason) ?
    GSXR1000 flat bar conversion.

Why Ducati ?
    Noise

Any other significant bikes and why?
    Tricolore 1098s, sound looks...
    S1000R. Soooo fast and smooth.
    R1200gs lc. Mr do it all.
    GSXR750 srad. looney.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Favourite bike you’ve owned ? Probably my 1098R. A beast of a bike. A bit finicky and you have to be in the mood, but it's faaaaaaassssstttt. Still have it, no plans to sell it.
    IMG_5896.JPG

First bike ? 350LC
    Scan 72.jpg

First bike after passing test ? I had a GSXR1100 in my kitchen ready for when I passed my test in '92
    Gsxr 1s.jpg

Bike you most regret selling (not necessarily financial reason) ? Not sure regret is the word. But I bought my Streetfighter new and wasn't looking to sell it before a nice chap on here wanted it a little more than I did. It enabled me to buy a nice Pani R, so not regret, but I genuinely wasn't bothered if I sold it at the time.
    IMG_4689.JPG

Why Ducati ? A friend bought a 916, which I thought was crap.......until I rode it. I sold my Fireblade shortly after, bought it from him and have almost exclusively owned Ducatis since.
    916 BP.JPG

Any other significant bikes and why? I did like my MV Agusta F4, but it was uncomfortable and I'd struggle to ride it for more than 2 hours these days. I suppose the Panigale R and Desmo have to be in there, but I still have them, so have excluded them.
    IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_5377s.jpg

IMG_6455.JPG

#22 Robarano, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Bit greedy :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Favourite: Current 999R/1098R
    First bike: Malaguti Cavalcone 125
    First after test: Kawa ZXR 750 K1
    Regret selling: Husky CR 500 auto. Ducati 955 AMA
    Why Ducati: 916 strada ‘96 and owned anything since (exception; awful T595 Daytona and cool Buell Lightning).
    Signif. other; raced GSXR 750 SRAD in their launch year and lapped about 300 times faster than on anything else. Probably should have bought one as opposed to the shit box T595.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What was the Buell like ?
    There’s something about them always appealed to me.

6. Sorry, oh ye of bike collecting abstinence. :rolleyes: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It was really really good, I only bought it for airport commuting but it was so much more than that, real plaything and amazing at hooning about and impressing small children. I sold it for next to nothing when I got transferred to Geneva/got divorced and ended up in a one bedroom town flat and all the toys had to go to pay the bitch, I mean bills!

8. Favourite bike you’ve owned ?
    KTM SuperDuke 1290R - I’ve only got one bike so it’s always my current steed :D

First bike ?
    Aprilia RS125

First bike after passing test ?
    Honda RVF400

Bike you most regret selling (not necessarily financial reason) ?
    2015 Triumph 675R

Why Ducati ?
    Style and performance

Any other significant bikes and why?
    ZX636R, KTM 690, GSXR 600, GSXR 1000, Street Triple R, Aprilia RSVR, Tuono V4, 899 - all great bikes, very little to fault.

9. Your ex wife was called Bill? o_O

10. Well she was quite man-ish!

11. Missed 6 :eyes:

12. They are white. :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Shitty death the ‘Brexit, what next’ post will have nothing on this when Mr R gets going.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information