1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your New Year Biking Resolutions Are?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Am I really missing out, hearing all about track days and never having done one? ....

2. Track days are ace!! Get ya self booked on a few.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Wouldn’t know where to start mte and I’ve no track bike sadly.. x

4. Haven't you finished rebuilding that 916 yet?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ducati track day is a great way to start. Generally devoid of idiots who think they are faster than they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Noods don't need a track bike mate, any motorcycle will do, just phone focused events or no limits , pay ya money and turn up simples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would never chance one of mine for a track day tbh.. do they hire bikes ? Ducati’s ? X

8. Yes you can hire Ducatis at the Ducati trackdays.

9. That said if did the Silverstone day is as safe as it can be. The track is so wide it's easy to keep out of the way if you so wish.

10. Do they teach or just let you go and do your thing? I must admit I’d like to learn how to be quicker but safe too..

11. Your more likely crash on the road rather than the track.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Do they run slicks in the dry then ?

13. Don't have to, I run Dunlop road/Track tyres on my bike

• Like Like x 1
  14. Road bike, road tyres, just like riding a fast road

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Finish building my 2 Harleys, spend more time with the family and get used to my new diavel I got just before Xmas ( only ridden it home from the dealer , less than a quarter of a mile away from my house lol) . The usual get healthier and smoke less cigs or stop completely would be ideal . Hopefully meet some of the members on here also . Be safe everyone

• Like Like x 1
  16. More Track Days, just love them

• Like Like x 1
  17. They have instructors from the Calfornia Superbike School there. Just st ask and they will show you the basics. Best fun you can have on a bike. As on the road, you ride within your capabilities, it's not a race, it's a fun day on your bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Top 10 finish in the cb500 championship @ East Fortune, to get out as much as possible on the 1299 and do a few days @ Knockhill on the R1.

I might do one race weekend at Knockhill as well with the cb500

19. You could try doing a Ron Haslam day and use their bikes. I find it a good day with good instruction. I did it 12 years ago for the first time, then was bought a day for Xmas a couple of years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed. SWMBO has bought me another one for this year too, which I’ve yet to book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. More trackdays and euro trips.
    Use the ignore feature more on here. Vexatious people aren't worth anyone's time...:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information