1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Opinion Please

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Dillon, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Hi again Guys yes im still after a Diavel but I dropped my Busa and have been getting it sorted and that's a Looooooong storey, any way I have seen this and they will take my Busa in P/X so all sounds good. As im very new to the Diavel what should I be looking at, what to check for etc and finally what's your thoughts on this particular Bike. My only reservation is the colour I really wanted the carbon red but cost enters into it too.

2011 DUCATI Diavel DUCATI Diavel Diavel Petrol | eBay

#1 Dillon, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. Think you've left off the link.

3. So I did sorry about that :)

4. see what you mean about preferring a red one

5. Petrol, wicked, thats a bonus!

6. So I guess its not for me then being as I really wanted a Red Diesel Diavel. The advert doesn't give much away which in its self could be worrying I guess I'll have to go and look at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ah I see they sell a lot of Petrol bikes I wonder where they find them. Mind you they are a Harley dealer so stock a lot of tractors too. :upyeah:

Aside from the listing mistakes what do you think of the Diavel

8. It's a cracking bike and it goes like stink. But I have to say that you need to think what you really want it for and what you want it to do.

9. Hi El Toro after 15yrs of Hayabusas I need a change and as Sad as it is I only get to ride out on a Friday evening plus the occasional jolly. I don't do track days or touring just the Friday night ride with the boys on some nice Devon roads. I have ridden lots lately and even bought a Versys1000 which was fun but not it. The Diavel is the only one that I not only like the looks but loved the ride so im pretty sure its what I want. The Red Carbon is my favourite but I am on a budget too so might have to give a little on that, what I cant do is buy a nail but as far as I can see they don't have many problems.

10. If you just want to blast around for a couple of hours here and there then its a cracking bike. Like I said it goes like stink and handles like a sports bike. Something that big shouldn't handle as well as it does!

However I found, on my test weekend, that on long journeys it got rather uncomfortable as you couldn't shift around too much in the sculpted seat.

But other than that it's a great bike. Definitely a 9/10 from me! :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. If you haven't ridden one then give it a go.

Having tested one myself I can say it is a seriously good bike, but I wouldn't buy one over a Multistrada.

12. I have ridden one and out of all the bikes it was the only one I really liked, it took a few miles to get used to the seating position and handling but then what a hoot total grin factor, I would have bought one there and then if funds would allow, since then I have been working towards getting one knowing that prices would also drop a little in winter, Then I dropped my Busa which I need to sell or P/X and am waiting for the paint shop to finish before I can re advertise.
    I do think the Diavel will suit me given the limited time that I get to ride each week I rarely do more than an hour in the saddle and owning a Busa Im used to Big Ugly bikes that need work to make them go round corners not that im a knee down person either.

13. I'm a bit of a purist and believe (at the risk of being shot) that Ducati's should be red, but I think the Diavel looks it's best in black or at the most red on the carbon model.

14. Thanks for the heads up and link, the black one is a lot cheaper (wonders why) same year and miles. Out of all the Diavels I like the carbon red the best and the gloss black the least, I do have a history of Red/BlK bikes so I was thinking if I got this Black Diavel I could introduce some red bits/stripes etc kinda a carbon red in reverse.
    All that said I don't like p/x deals and I recon I will try again to sell my Busa then go shopping for a Diavel with cash.

Let me know if you hear of a nice cheap one going...2014 with 1k miles for £8000 would be really good :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information