1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Your Thoughts On This Bike...

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Berry, Mar 15, 2017.

1. isnt it the fluid, pads, and discs that suffer effects of brake fade and heat not the block itself?

2. Mostly, but you also get some affect on the callipers, hence most gixer racers and fast riders bin the std ones and get brembo or even yamaha ones

• Like Like x 1
  3. when i bought my bike. it had had brand new EBC disc's put on. they have a golden/yellow center fixing bracket thing.
    whats your opinion on EBC? good quality or budget thatll do parts?

4. Sorry, no idea :)

Only thing I prefer is cast iron floating Brembo's. Stopping power of a .45 Magnum ;)

5. Well 600 miles into ownership and i'm afraid to say the 848 will be going up for sale shortly :(

I love the bike and its perfect at what it is, but I have realised it really doesn't suit my riding style and after coming from upright bikes (Royal Enfield and Yamaha Tracer) I really just can't gel with it.

I will be looking for £4500 with the Ohlins rear shock and other bits I have done to it. It really does ride lovely and it really hides its miles well!

It will be going up for £4900 on eBay by the end of the week but I thought I should give you guys the heads up.

6. its a shame some don't blend with the super bike positioning as well as others.

had you tried pushing your knees into the tank's sides, and having your bum sit back a little from fully forward like many feel they want to?

once i did the above i became much more comfortable after about 20minutes, now the position is the norm in no time atall.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information