1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Top 3 (greatest By Poll) Guitarists..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, May 15, 2017.

?
  1. Eric Clapton

9.4%
  2. Bert Weeden

1.9%
  3. Jimmy Page

7.5%
  4. Eddie Van Halen

1.9%
  5. Mark Knophler

20.8%
  6. Slash

5.7%
  7. Jimi Hendrix

20.8%
  8. David Gilmour

20.8%
  9. Gary Moore

11.3%
  10. John Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. George Van Eps - awesome jazz player and pioneer of the seven string guitar.
    Victor Wooten - simply the most accomplished fretted bass player I have ever heard.
    Jaco Pastorius - took fretless bass playing to a new level that nobody else has reached yet.

2. And during Guy Pratts bass solo in "one of these days", Gilmour nips off stage for a piss/fag.

3. I liked early floyd albums until Dark Side.

4. I would say however that he has maybe now reached the twilight of his career...

5. Bert Weedon....You are taking the piss surely? ;)

6. Segovia

7. I think he's forgetting Flea.

8. A highly talented noodler. But it's not as if you want to listen to anything he plays.

9. You lot do realise i am compartmentalising the lot of yer. Thats a long word to make someone have to type on their iphone. I hope youre pleased with yourselves.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I saw that tour.

11. Slash is on the list but Angus Young isn't? Also, I think Malcolm Young never got the credit he deserved while his brother was in the spotlight reeling off the solos, it was Malcolm's riffs that drove the song along and had the real power. Brilliant stuff.

I would go

Young
    Knopfler
    Wilko Johnson - much under rated.

#71 749er, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Superb...

13. You lucky boy.. did it live up to your expectations?

14. Do you know I've only just started getting into AC/DC somewhat late in life. It hey..

15. Tell you someone who's highly rated although I'm not a huge fan myself... the lead guatarist from the red hot chillis ?

16. Well, Townsend, Richards, Lennon and May all thought very highly of him, so if he's good enough for them.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. was wondering when joe sat would get a mention... He'd have to be up there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mat freeman outta rancid would have to be considered for bass... Good shout with zappa...

19. Fair point, why not add Duane Eddy and Hank Marvin too ? Some one once said they could knock up a tune.......Friggin Bert Weedon !!! Yeah....He's awesome !! Ha ha ha

20. Bert influenced a lot of people to pick up a guitar in this country and look what that influence brought us. So I for one, doff my cap to the guy and say thanks Bert.

At least no-one has mentioned coldplay or snow patrol. I fucking detest that plinky plonky drivelious dirge. Ed fucking sheeran? Aaaargh! Nob off.

BB King is still the man and I WIN THIS THREAD. So you lot can do one, with your chilli fucking pepper shit. Hank fucking marvin? He can fuck right off.

Brian May? Nice chap but Queen were just musical theatre. Bohem...in fact I cant repeat the title it annoys me so. Theyre shit. Yeah. I said it. Nuts to you too baldie/fattie (delete where appropriate)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information