1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Top 3 (greatest By Poll) Guitarists..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, May 15, 2017.

?
  1. Eric Clapton

9.4%
  2. Bert Weeden

1.9%
  3. Jimmy Page

7.5%
  4. Eddie Van Halen

1.9%
  5. Mark Knophler

20.8%
  6. Slash

5.7%
  7. Jimi Hendrix

20.8%
  8. David Gilmour

20.8%
  9. Gary Moore

11.3%
  10. John Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Whoops. We've forgotten John Martyn. Fantastic technician, innovator, a master of the riff.

Listen and weep:

• Like Like x 1
  2. When Eric Clapton was asked whats it like to be the worlds best guitarist, he said "Why don't you ask Prince?" Not sure on that, but the guy was a mega talent. See from 3.28 onward :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah its Billy,, Had a few good gigs with them meself ,mainly Academys with the obligatory back stage pass, but since my mum and his passed things have drifted

4. Lil Devil for me , Gets the party started

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Just played it and yep sees what you mean.. another for me fave list..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Don't know if you guys have seen this but I love this version of she Sells.......

• Like Like x 4
  7. As much as I have never been a fan of prince, he was a fantastic guitarist

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I agree about Prince. Musically not my cup of tea, but as an Artist, hugely talented. I heard one comment on his passing from someone who said he was their Bowie. I get that.

Im going to dig out my Cult 12" later tonight methinks. Shamefully dont listen to my vinyl as much as I should I have a very large library on my Mac (all legit). The Cult is one band Ive not bought the equivalents as Im not sure i can get the 12" on AAC. I dont rip vinyl often as I dont have the patience to do so. Ive done several Northern Soul Kent albums and it took yonks. But I really needed those tunes on my iphone.

I like Lil Devil, have that on 12, but i think Love Remover Machine (extended) might top that for me.

My iphone is mostly used as an ipod or to txt abuse to my mates. Actually to receive abuse from my mates would be more accurate. We do love a slagging match and anything goes.

I get my mac back today. Thank god. Case fault under warranty but Ive been lost wthout it as it has my entire collection on it. Its backed up on a basestation but all the same, i worry about it.

9. Seen this guy a couple of times, still gigging, never got the recognition he deserves.

10. this is a nice we piece

11. One hint I pick up from the list is...generation.

Don't get me all wrong all awesome players. I'm Slash fan in particular but my list would add Synster Gates Rob Zombie Yanick Gers DJ Ashba Ron Thal
    Mick Marrs Zak Wylde

We can always go back back to "your" and add Keith Richards and Randy Rhodes

12. I'll add Richard Fortus and Marco Mendoza too

13. Soooo many great guitarists, suprised no mention Rory Gallagher.

This guy is pretty cool though;

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mick Ronson RIP had to be one of the greatest ever. Original sound, unlike anyone else I know of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. How do you measure the talent of a guitarist?

It's more than notes per second. It's more than technique. It's more than accuracy. It's more than the emotional impact of his or her playing. It's more than their versatility in terms of mastery of different styles.

In the end, we probably gauge their "greatness" upon how their playing affects us. Which is the definition of "subjective". A passage of rock guitar that gives me goosebumps may leave a jazz fan completely cold. You may appreciate the marvellous skill of a Spanish guitar stylist but his playing may leave me relatively unmoved and unimpressed. And vice versa.

I might feel that Steve Hackett is the finest guitarist on the planet, purely based upon goosebumps raised but I'd be a fool to think that everyone will agree with me.

16. : o D

Clapton was a pretty good guitarist. There, I said it.

17. Blind Faith album is great, Disraeli Gears.....Clapton not god but Fukien good.

18. It's me, I'm the best. There, end the thread. Job jobbed :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information