1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your views?? CBT's open discussion!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pixie1276, Aug 22, 2012.

1. All sounds a bit Mad Max to me.

2. It all becomes clear :biggrin:

3. Having passed my test first time in 1968 and my car test first time in 1969, whether they were easy or not, I don't care......

.....and until they bring in compulsory test for all over 70-75, I still won't care.

If they do, I probably wouldn't pass..................................or would I? (Well, not if I have a wood eye).......but then, I wouldn't care either way.

However, having seen the idiotic riding on the roads by some those that have obviously had CBT, it didn't do them much good

AL

4. The point here really seems to be , that it is much more difficult to obtain a bike license over a car license. The follow on from that being that as a young person you can go out and purchase a very large and heavy lump of metal with the potential to do an awful lot of damage to people or property without having to undergo any further training, and we all know how easy it is , as a car driver, to be lulled into the false sense of security, when in our tin box. The majority of people who ride bikes are only too well aware of our vulnerability out there on the roads. What is needed is a sensible balance, more training for a car driver, and less testing for a rider ( not less training, just testing ). One final point, has anyone else looked at the DSA site? Moped's restricted to 28 mph!! As if 30 isn't slow enough, can you imagine riding a ped at 30 along a dual carriageway on your way to college with 40 tonne artics passing by at 56 and blowing you all over the road! Makes me shudder.

5. This illustrates the point I made earlier, it isn't about control, generally young males have good control, right up to the point they loose it in a big way, it is about the observations and decisions you make and the actions you take. The world does not revolve around you the rider / driver, there are other road users out there, and the skill is in learning how to coexist with them.

And no I an not a member of the IAM, I break the speed limit every time I ride a bike, but I try very hard not to do it in 30 and 40 mph zones.

• Like Like x 1

6. this is exactly what they are up to, a back door way of outlawing motorcycles because death and injuries cost the nhs too much money

no green tax incentives

no congestion reducing incentives

its all down to costing the nhs money and they want to actively discourage people from getting on bikes

congestion is also a deliberate planning policy to encourage people to take the bus

7. Or pay a congestion charge, on top of the already extortionate road tax!

8. Sorry drifting off topic there

9. Conspiracy theory? Don't think this government is that clever.

10. Does anyone really believe it the goverment in charge? it's all the permanent undersecretary's and other civil service/quango idiots. Think of them like union officials, people who failed in the real world to gain a postion of influence so decided to influence the country by backdoor methods .

11. hee - you said....:eek:

12. my wife works for the DSA

maybe I know more than I should do

13. Being anti-bike is nothing remotely new. It's been that way for decades. If things are getting worse it's just an anti-biking continuum. Bikers are an easy target - a minority with statistically insignificant votes who insist on frequently ending up in hospital, whether through their own fault or not, who cares.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information