1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuasa Yt12b Bs Battery Prices

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Jul 18, 2022.

1. The same battery is £69 at Halfords before using your trade card so £60 is competitive. My only concern with an internet purchase is, you don’t get to check the fill date (all lead acid chemistry batteries have to be sold filled and sealed) so you have no idea how long it’s been on the shelf. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Halfords with trade card £55.20

3. just trying to get a trade card sorted. I genuinely dislike halfords though.

4. My only advice's don't buy any Halfords cheap deal £10 ones as they're out of date & go flat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Not a problem, take it back under g/tee and get a new one, they are obliged to replace it you do not have to settle for a refund.

6. That is not quite so straightforward as you may believe.

The battery has to be faulty to be replaced. Failure by the owner to properly maintain and keep the battery charged, is NOT a fault in manufacture. With virtually no exceptions, a faulty battery will present itself as such within a few days of initial activation. Anything longer than that, the fault is likely elsewhere. An out of date battery, would show very quickly mind.

While a dealer may take the easy option and swap it out after the initial period, its not a given. It is not hard to establish if a battery has sulfated through lack of charging, or if a plate/solder joint has failed. The former is not a fault, the latter is. ;)

7. I’ve found trying to get a trade card with them is like pulling teeth, online just sends you round in circles and no reply to registration and when you ask in store they look at you like you’ve got two heads!

8. Yes and i was thinking it was just me

9. Thread moved

10. I did try at the time but no more in the sale stock, only the £10.00 purchased price offered.....lesson learnt the hard way.!

11. Did the receipt just describe a Yuasa yt12bs battery or describe it as being a clearance /old stock item or sale item, if just "a specific type of battery" then surely the price is immaterial.

12. I've no idea as it was a lifetime ago................last summer to be precise.

13. That's a PIA. Can see why it's not worth wasting too much time and effort.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information