1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z1000 H2 - Discuss.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by comfysofa, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Yip - my mates H2 is Chris's test mule...so i stand corrected on my 260bhp claim (its a while since i spoke to my mate) but, hes in the middle of changing over the supercharger impeller...says itll make more with that...but - even 240 would be well enough!

2. Frankly though, the whole Kawasaki range is hideous. They’ve got progressively worse over time. The one exception is the RS, which is pretty much perfect... so they can do it, but choose not to.

If they would hark back to the ZXR with a sports bike, and the ZZR / GPz with a sport tourer the way they do with the RS to the original Z I think they’d have winners on their hands.
    No doubting the dynamic prowess or engineering, but the styling is not great.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Easy on the industrial fixings though please... ;)

4. Again - its a style thing...if all the manufacturers produced the same thing it would be pretty boring....

5. Eh? i tend to go for Ti mainly...

6. Those jubilee clips were not titanium... ;p

7. Meh - i would hope not - ti doesnt bend very well...

8. :joy:

9. You're welcome.

10. ill get my coat....y'learn a new thing every day - but thats a bit big though...

11. Anyway - back on topic....assuming theyre 15.5k (wot ebay says) - if a nearly new secondhander came up for a couple of grand less in the future then...yeah - i probably would get one...

12. upload_2019-10-26_21-20-40.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Ti does bend very well :eek: it doesn't have a very good memory though :thinkingface:

14. Last time i bent some ti it snapped quite easily - seems like everyone is keen to take me to school today...

15. I was at Chads @rcv4 place 3 months ago and I bent a piece double while discussing the exhaust he is going to make for my KR1000 - it was like spring steel :thinkingface:

16. Yep. Virtually every few hours a video will appear in my Instagram timeline of some septic doing a burn out and/or an electronically governed launch. Yawn. I must have seen thousands of videos like that but I have never seen one of an H2 being ridden around a corner

• Like Like x 1
  17. To me, it looks too tall at the front and too bulky around the “shoulders” area. When I first saw it I thought it looked like something semi-adventure orientated from KTM. However, if you dropped the forks in order to “stance” it, with that amount of power on tap and the weight of the bike it’d be a real handful!

I also reckon that what is the “tank” may actually just be a dummy housing for all the electrickery, so it’s going to be difficult to change that.

I recall reading somewhere that the supercharging of the H2 is actually more about making sure Kwakkers are future proofed re: fuel economy and emissions regulations than it is about big power (though that is what grabs the headlines). It’s quite smart really - look at the difference in profile between the H2 (supercharged cult bike) and the Honda NC750 (supercharged anonymous commuter tool).

#57 Zhed46, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Simply to look at, I would not buy the kwacker feeling that the Aprilia Tuono v4 1100 factory would be a far better all round bike.

Probably just me but every time I see a mention of the H2 all the headlines seem to be about the bhp and supercharger. For me that's a bit like the scooby owners of old trying to get their scooby to do more but suffering horrible backfires and popping through the 4/5 inch exhaust but saying, but yeah man, bhp, bhp

For me if I had that kinda money, the H2 would not be on the list, for some it would be at the top.

19. I had an original Z1000H (1??)

It cost me almost nothing as a crashed wreck @1988, and over many years of ownership I did the below to it.
    Had I kept it standard it would have been worth a lot more when I sold it just a few years ago.

I don't like the look of the new one at all.

Nasher

Side2.jpg

20. I will totally agree its not the best looking thing but, i have to see it in person....see one thats been modded and then decide if its worth the trade off for the power...i really dont think i would ever get bored of that supercharger chirping...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information