1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z1000 H2 - Discuss.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by comfysofa, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Personally ,after seeing one in the flesh i was quite taken with it ,and with potentialy 250 horses on tap it is quite some machine .

2. Youve seen one (where was that)?

3. Sorry, i was talking about the H2 , with fairing off ,so gave you a idea of the street fighter (it was on the dyno at louigi Moto )it was fitted with a decent pipe so all looked pretty neat .

4. ah - right.....there was a crashed h2 on the bay 6 months back for 9k - i was toying with it....not seen a crashed one since which, considering the amount of beans it puts out...youd have thought there would have been more dented ones out there!

5. I gotta laugh - i watched a 44 teeth vid today and sue perkins said he thought the z1000h2 had been dropped into a prosthetics factory...

6. Its almost like - i dont want to buy one and vote with my feet ie (fucking sort it out kwak) but at the same time, get one and "start polishing the turd"...

7. Yep - my mates makes a fucking hell of a noise....

8. Well, based on the fact that when i buy bikes i tend to keep them for a very long time....the rsv ive had almost 10 years....if i got one i could almost say it would see me out (being 50) - id get a rear end from the h2, straight set of renthals (those chopper bars look awful) and so did the ones on my gen4! - tail tidy (obviously) - change those front calipers...full system and a set of light wheels - off the top of my head...

9. I still can't quite understand why they've styled it in the way they have, i mean when you're launching a new product such as this it tends to be par for the course the design teams are encouraged to seek outer company views, feedback groups and general constructive criticism.

OK it doesn't look that bad, but it could so very easily have looked much better with arguably no increase in cost, it's a bloody headlight, that's all.

Anyway first reviews coming out and again looks like they dropped the ball here deciding to have a launch surrounded by 15mph roads (you read that right), no proper track and freezing temperatures.

Still fancy a test ride though

10. I think Kawasaki need to drop this while styling theme and start again. They same this is aimed at 40yr old males but I’m 35 and I think the styling is childish and unfinished. Maybe I’m hard to please but I don’t think so, there’s loads of bikes I think have been spot on and I’m a big Kawasaki fan.

I’m sure it’s capable but again I think to compete with the likes of the superduke and the street fighter maybe it needs the top spec Showa BFF forks from the zx10r and perhaps lightweight wheels and m50 brakes? I think it just needs to have that absolute premium kit feel

11. It does look like kawasaki have understood there is a naked market and seen the success of the tuono and then appointed a designer who has used his kids transformers toys to model his idea

12. It is a shame, it would have looked far better if they had just used the outgoing models headlight etc.
    As for that exhaust, it is huge but it looked like that’s because it houses most of the snowflake, cuddly tree stuff judging by the lack of any real middle box that most bike have now so popping an end can on it might make the sort of differences they used to make 20-30yrs ago. On most stuff nowadays unless you fork out £2k for a full system fitting an end can is purely an aesthetic upgrade.

I’ll still take one out though, ridden the SX version and that supercharger is bonkers

13. That is absolutely hideous; reminds me of the Bimota Tesi. I think if one pulled up next to me i'd be sick in my helmet.

What were they thinking?

14. Popped down to my local Kawasaki dealers for an open evening, unveiling new bikes and McPint was there signing books etc.

it’s a strange bike, you stand in front of it and think “oh it ain’t that bad” and then you walk around it, catch it from another angle and a little bit of sick fills your mouth :laughing:

and then you see the price and it’s knocking on V4 street fighter money :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information