Featured 1260 1260s - 1,500 Miles Completed. Opening The Taps.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rainman, Apr 19, 2018.

1. HaHa! No not ex Navy, although I do have three ex wives...………..one in every court!:weary_face:
    I wasn't aware that 10,000 miles a year was that high. It's between 8 and 10k miles depending on whether I do a Europe trip. I don't commute on the bike, I just ride whenever I can, and due to not having a female in tow these days (no offence ladies) I am free to do just that.

2. I'm not jealous......I'm not jealous.......I'm not jealous :rolleyes:

3. I generally put 10k per year on my bike too. The US is huge, and I live in a terrible area for riding, so when I take an afternoon run it is usually 400 miles round trip to get someplace with a curve in the road!

• Like Like x 2
  4. It's easy to achieve. Just say - 'actually, you look like a sack of potatoes in that new dress' and before you know it you will be out on your ear and free to ride as much as you like. Of course you will be living in a bedsit and have barely enough money to run your bike, but once you get through that bit it's happy days:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. “Nothing's gone wrong in 6000 miles” on a long distance touring bike.. you sound pleasantly surprised..
    Would I be wrong in expecting such a statement at about 60,000 miles?
    I wish you the best with your multi but find it common for owners to praise the reliability on barely run in (long distance tourers) only to chop them in with a sigh of relief then the warranty runs out with barely a few miles on the second pair of tyres..
    It amuses and saddens me in equal measure.. : (

6. The previous DVT Multi (number 3) was also a great bike (p-ex at 28k miles) and did use oil, that was its only fault. I expect to find niggles on any new bike (to me) that I don't like in the initial 6K miles and the bar vibes are one I will look at fixing on the 1260. I didn't expect any faults and didn't get any - Tyre wear is a user issue not the bike!
    The 1260 is on 4 year warranty and will have some 35k+ miles in about 4 years and then we will see what happens.
    What saddens and amuses me are the one or two year old 2nd hand Multis for sale with less than 10K miles on them but with all the bling on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. This is of interest for me as well, could you possibly post up a picture of them fitted ??