1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 1299 Exhaust To 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gp80, Oct 2, 2017.

1. IMG_6999.JPG Sooooo much better

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Any full system will fit all models,that system in your link looks battered,i would give it a wide berth,899 and 1199 systems are 55mm the 1299 is 60mm,i would hold out for a 1299 system.

3. Cheers. Ive been looking out for a 1299 for months and only one for £900 which is ridiculous. So was just looking at other ways.

4. See if you can get a full Termi system,would make a change to see Termis on a 959/1299,you will always get most/if not all your money back when you sell it on.

5. Yeah I'd wait for a 1299 system if possible, relatively easier to fit, there are a set of fairings on here at a very good price if you're looking to do the swap over

6. Hi have full 1299 system for sale with perfect red lower fairings or carbon lower fairing to fit 959 open to offers.

7. What ball park you looking for? Ive seen them up advertised from £200 to £900.

8. Mine’s done, could only get white lower fairings so they’ll do for now....

141A4DED-617D-4604-8C21-2E4B1DE3FDDA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. can anybody please tell me if the butterfly valve can be used doing this if so was it the same servo cable used

10. I’d love to do that. Looks awesome mate. How much has it cost all in to get it looking like that?

11. 9E3D2762-9803-43F1-9BD2-B2836DB6EF9B.jpeg You need this mod now:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’m in the process of doing this now - depends on how cheaply you can get a 1299 Exhaust and lower fairing for.
    I watched Ebay for a month and eventually picked up a full 1299 system with every fitting for £100 delivered which was an incredible bargain. Most go for more than that but hang on for a good deal if you aren’t in a hurry. As mentioned in lots of posts you only really need the underbelly silencers and the y connector pipe - but although I have seen plenty of silencers come up the y pipe is difficult to get hold of.
    I couldn’t find any used fairing lowers in decent condition so ordered them new - the 959 specific akropovic underbelly version cost £320 but I had to shop around for that price.
    I’m going to see if the 1299 exhaust servo can be used on the 959 - most people just disconnect the servo and remove it as it’s only there for noise reduction, but i’m keen to keep noise levels down so I’m not restricted in the tracks I can use.
    I don’t live far from Cadwell so once it’s all fitting I’m going to nip up on a track day and get them to test it for me with and without servo connected and go from there.
    As stock the 959 tests at 98db static but the 1299 is quite a bit louder so here’s hoping........
    If you disconnect the servo and remove it then you need to budget another £40 for an exhaust servo eliminator to get rid the warning that may come up on the dash.

13. Thanks so much for the response Matey. That’s incredibly helpful. Sorry to be a noob but do you have to decat it to fit the cans in? I’ve already paid BSD to smooth the fuelling out so would it need adjusting again with a 1299 conversion?
    I too am really keen to keep the noise down for Oulton Park trackdays and also for the neighbours with early morning commuting every morning. If you can update on DB levels it would be greatly appreciated. Sounds like you’ve got some corking deals there well done and best of luck with the build. Hope you’ll share some pics.

14. No worries - I’m a noob too! The cat is built into the silencer on the 1299 so you lose the whole 959 system beyond the 2 header pipes.
    The weight saving is around 5kg once you factor in rear footrest removal and moves the weight lower down on the bike.
    Realistically it’s going to make the bike louder, if Ducati could have met Euro 4 noise restrictions without the shotgun cans they would have. But the Panigale was designed to have an underslung exhaust and in my opinion looks better that way.
    Oulton has some pretty restrictive limits so it might be tough - do you know anyone with a standard 1299 that uses the circuit?

I think the bike should run fine without tuning for the 1299 exhaust or even with the servo removed. From what I have read a new map and/or a rapid bike can smooth out the throttle response but not to the same extent as with a full race system.

I’m still waiting on delivery of the fairing - pics will follow!

I forgot to say I also ordered the single seat cowl from Ducati Manchester- they have 15% off code at the moment - SUMMER15 which dropped the price to £166.59 and seems to work on all accessories so worth checking out.
    That being said I ordered it on the 10th and still haven’t heard anything from them despite sending an email asking for an update so not too impressed with the customer service so far. (edit, they called me yesterday to confirm delivery address and it arrived today by DPD so I take it all back )

#78 LiveFast......, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  15. Yes I ordered my comfort seat and it seems to be taking a while. It’s from the factory to be fair.
    Thanks for the detailed response. Really appreciate it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information