1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale R

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Daz67, May 19, 2020.

1. well the bike gets delivered tomorrow , really looking forward to having a run on it

Went to insure it today and it came up black in colour , I told the insurance it was red ,he said ok
    So I looked on dvla it too comes up black ,anyone come across this before
    Spoke with Ducati Manchester to check everything which is ok , they sold the bike new and know the bike , serviced the bike from new
    So the bike vin and everything else is right apart from what's on the data base
    Strange to say the least

2. What colour was on the V5 when you looked at it, before deciding to buy the bike?

3. Just checked on Ducati website if any recalls etc , and all coming up ok
    Went on dvla website again check mot etc and that shows red in colour
    Logbook says red

4. I've had multi colour bikes show up as a colour on the V5 that I wouldn't say was the main colour of the bike, but was present in the colour scheme. :upyeah: A black Panigale R is a new one on me though. V5 and DVLA show it as red :motorcycleduc:, so I wouldn't worry about it.

5. The usual MID database errors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. My old focus comes back though dvla as a c max and the early blackbirds that are titanium grey come back on the log books as biege

7. @Daz67 there is a recall on the breather pipe make sure that's been done, I had mine done last month.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mate the dvla get stuff like this wrong all the time!
    Vins are common !

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1299 may be different

10. His is the Pani R so it does apply

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Put the vin into the Ducati website for recalls etc and comes up ok
    I asked the dealer when I was down there and he said everything is done on it so happy days , I'll get some pics up tomorrow when I've put some disinfectant on it ( can never be too careful )give it a good clean down

• Like Like x 2
  12. The post title is confusing, AFAIK, a 1299 Panigale R is the FE. The second gen Panigale R based on the 1299 shape, is just that, a Panigale R. Confusing, isn’t it ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Italian innit

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Isn’t it different motor so isn’t it possible different ancillaries?

15. Until I asked wilf, it was. Now it’s easy lol

16. I would say this is quite common with the the dealers/manufacturers/DVLA in way way or another.

My 955i is blue, it left the factory blue & was delivered to the dealer, (now no longer around) blue, yet still to this day whenever I go to a dealer for parts they always say is shows on their computer as gold & must have had a colour change before I got it.
    I bought it new. I saw it unpacked from the delivery crate so I know it came from the factory in blue. My V5 says it's blue anyway.
    I have a lime green van, (although it looks more like a primrose yellow to me) & the DVLA class it as green. Not light green or dark green, just simple green.
    My wine red bobber is classed as red on the V5, again, not dark red or light red, just red.

I guessing the DVLA have very simple rules & if the colour your vehicle is, is not one of the colours of the rainbow then it gets classed as one of those colours. Keeps things simple for plebs :bucktooth:
    Obviously depending upon who enters the details on your V5 & how they were feeling on the day dictates what colour your vehicle is classed as being, providing it's a short, simple to spell word.

17. My standard red MK2 Panigale R also shows ‘Black’ on V5 from new in 2016. DVLA also shows Black!
    Don’t know why, didn’t notice at the time of purchase and haven’t got round to changing it ....

#19 Shorty4045, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
Do Not Sell My Personal Information