1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 First Generation Multistrada 1200 S Touring Refresh

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Android853sp, Jan 13, 2020.

1. So, fast forward to this week and my Multistrada has just been in for its first annual service since the rebuild, having done just under 5500 miles. It also spent a day and a bit with Wilf on the dyno. I’m not going to quote figures because you’ll argue that they are pointless and will not be believed and end up being ridiculed. Suffice to say, there is now sufficient torque for the bike to be happy in 3rd and 4th from about 2500rpm and in 5th and 6th from about 3500rpm to bimble. I am happy to roll the throttle on from about 4000rpm in 6th gear without stressing the engine and if you want to get aggressive with the throttle, pass through 5000rpm in 2nd or 3rd and the bike goes ballistic. Truly grateful to and in awe of what Wilf has managed to do. The ride back this afternoon absolutely confirmed I made the right decision for me and that the money spent was worth every penny. Andy

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. C’mon @Android853sp we love a dyno and numbers Andy! Get em up :upyeah::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. That’s the motorcycle equivalent of a Victorian lady showing an ankle; you tease.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I would be curious as to the dyno results. I know the engine has lots more scope than the tune that left the factory and I had similar work done to my 13 with impressive results. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd passed the V4 in usable torque.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey Andy,
    Not to be the one to revive a an old dead thread but any update on this? How's it all hanging together? I'm quite tempted to do the same to my 2010 as I love it (actually a little more than my 2018 PP). Be interested to know if any gremlins or weaknesses have appeared, on the rest of the bike as well as the rebuild, as the miles have piled up. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andy had a track bike multi build, worth a look on there

7. Still very happy with my decision to rebuild and still convinced it was the right thing to do instead of buying a new/new to me later generation Multistrada. I probably didn’t need to do quite so deep a rebuild but ….. :joy: The only weakness that has since emerged are the seals in the front brake and clutch master cylinders. I bought a £25 clutch seal service kit and did the job myself but when I looked at the cost of sending the front brake m/c off (no kit available), I bit the bullet and bought a new one which wasn’t actually that much more, probably about £40. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information