1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Lincolnshire Ride Out's And Meets

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Ben Mallinson, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Nope went to Stamford Bridge this afternoon, didnt stay long either...

2. I was there but I think it was a little bit earlier than that. A quick glance around and I saw two other Monsters, a 1098 and a Panigale with high level pipes. Including me and my mate, that was six.

3. Come back @Ben Mallinson all is forgiven ;)... This page goes quiet when you go away... The amount of forum member/s in the county nobody esle is up for a ride...

4. Having said there's not much going on (all over country) in the peak of summer...

5. Haha, I'm due back onshore on Tuesday but unfortunately I have to stay on in Aberdoom for a couple of days so I wont be back until Thursday Evening.

I'm sure we can manage to have a catch up when I get back though ;)

6. I know you can Ben, it was more of a dig at the others... I work 12hrs shift and still find the time to come out n play...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carl, i already look weeks ahead, and looked in my diary see if i was working that weekend (which i am), or i would have been down as distance isnt the main issue...

That comment i made above, this forum covers alot of counties with not alot going on... a couple of month on a majority will be putting the bikes away in hibernation with the few hardcore that ride all year round...

8. I know Rebel, I was just wondering if you missed it, would have been good to see you..
    I know how hardcore you are regarding riding.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. May be able to make this :) Have you got any plans to go?

10. If anything probably a last minute thing, got a house warming party Friday night... This moon must be a blue-en cause rarely get a invited to parties...

• Funny Funny x 1

11. Well @Rebel you must have forgotten this when you said nothing was going on? I have been a bit quiet recently; lots going on at home and the weather hasn't helped, but let's look forward. Still a couple of months of good weather to go. I hope you, @Gp80, @Ben Mallinson and Helen are still up for this. Plus anyone else who wants to join. Here's an update.

Hi All,
    Time for a quick update. Only three weeks on Friday to this years ToL.

Unfortunately our leader Tel cannot make it this year so there is now a room available at The Village Limits. http://villagelimits.co.uk/bb/ If anyone would still like to join us please give the venue a call to book the room. Cost is £90/night twin room B&B (£55/night single occupancy).

The route has been recced and is nearly finalised. I pray the weather is with us this year and we complete it all. Just fuel stops and afternoon tea to sort.

A lunch venue has been booked and they are pretty busy, but can accommodate us indoors in the restaurant for sandwiches and drinks. They have asked if we will put in an order a week in advance for lunch - which kind of means we're committed to getting there unless the weather is truely awful. See the options below and let me know your choices asap.

I've yet to confirm if advance orders for dinner on the Saturday night are needed. You might like to look at the menu just in case and be ready to choose. http://villagelimits.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Menu.pdf

The planned route includes a gravel car park. It's firm, but it might be worth remembering to bring a side stand puck. Other optional items you might like to bring are a fishing rod, kiss-me-quick hat, binoculars and confetti. All of which will come on useful at some point during the day!

If anyone wishes to join for the ride out only please let me know so we can make sure no one gets left behind - it has been know to happen :eek: Departure time will be 9am prompt on Saturday with a pick up at the Humber Bridge if anyone wants to join us there. Time to be confirmed.

Looking forward to welcoming you to Lincolnshire for a 'taste' of the food, the roads and the hospitality.
    See you at the bar on Friday night 1st September!

Cheers,
    Chris
    [​IMG]

#393 greencat, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Chris,

We're still good for this mate and looking forward to it:upyeah:

We wont be able to make it on the Friday unfortunately which is a shame but always another year for that ;)

Was only thinking about dropping you a message re: your plans for Wednesday earlier on today. I was weighing up the options as gainsthorpe has been a bit of a flop the last few times we've been... So, how do you fancy meeting for a ride out and early cuppa at Willingham and then having a ride back across our way and a cuppa at the other bike night in Winterton?

@Rebel are you about Wednesday?

13. Sounds like a plan. Where and when do you want to meet? Forecast looks good at the min :)

14. Yes hardly owt happens on a weekly basis up n down country, how many counties are there in the UK ? with only about 5-6 max active meets/events... But since Ben has made Lincolnshire well the northern part of it, one of the more active counties from nothing atm... With this forum as big as it is i would expected at least half a page active weekly...

That '' Taste Of Lincolnshire'' ive only booked for the saturday night at that village limits... i wouldn't think i'd get there till 10pm-ish at the earliest on the fri, as am on a 8-8 shift...

Wednesday i should able to do... Have said yes to overtime on the wednesday but its a 6-6 day shift...

15. Great social and catch up last night @Rebel @greencat :upyeah:

Ride out was good too Chris, could tell I'd not been in the saddle for a few weeks though... Took a few miles to get things flowing nicely again and a few little aches this morning :joy: Must try harder!!!

Hopefully catch up again before the 'Taste of Lincolnshire' ride out on the 2nd Sept. We're looking forward to it :upyeah:

@Steve Shorter has just joined the forum and is local to Lincolnshire, so may be interested in this... Details further up this thread for your info if you're interested in joining us Steve ;)

16. Morning Folks,

@Ian @Gp80 @cleedubber @greencat @Rebel @Steve Shorter

Seems most others have also been fairly busy around Lincolnshire recently too as this thread has been pretty quiet for a few weeks...

So, does anyone fancy a meeting up on Thursday? Myself and Helen are going to have a ride out to The Oak in Tickhill. Don't know if anyone has been before but they have a weekly bike night which was a very pleasant evening last time we went... Nice mixture of old and new machines turned out for it and the food was good also :)

Link: https://lincsbikers.co.uk/map/the-oak-tickhill/

We're planning on getting there for around 6 ish.

@El Toro @bettes ( @rob lewis seem to recall seeing the multi has now moved onon but thought I'd tag you also in case you fancy a ride out )

Had a quick look on Google Maps and looks like its around 40-45 miles from your end too if you fancy a catch up?

@Exige not sure how far this is from yourself but would be good to meet you eventually if you fancy a ride out ;)

Anyone not tagged also more than welcome to come along and say hello :upyeah:

#398 Ben Mallinson, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Morning Folks,

Just to add to the options for the next week here's a final reminder for the 'Taste of Lincolnshire' ride out taking place on Saturday 2nd September.
    Setting off from Woodall Spa at 9:00 prompt we expect to be at the Humber Bridge by 10:30 to pickup others before heading north up to the coast then back across the bridge to do some of the best roads in Lincolnshire.
    All welcome.
    Post up if you need anymore info, but there are more details earlier in this thread.

Cheers,
    Chris

18. Is anything on anywhere today? We fancy a ride but don't know where...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information