1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Forum Germany Trip 09-14 April

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Shame that, we’ll have to beast the bar all the same :D
    If yer plans change there will be beer waiting....

• Like Like x 1
  2. cheers mate! times are a lil tough at the min.. for a lil while there i was thinking about a surprise attack and just pitching up with no notice for a laugh but its not to be.....

3. Seriously considering cancelling hotel. Going to decide on Friday. Can’t cancel Chunnel so if it goes ahead I’d just look then to book another room somewhere.
    After last year, I think someone somewhere is trying to tell me something

#104 bradders, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. crazy talk... just get on with it... its fuck all worse than the common cold....

5. Nope. Just making folks aware so can keep an eye to it and make an informed decision :upyeah:

Booking my GS in next week for a service and front tyre...

My health is good, so main concern would be getting stuck somewhere if things get silly!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I am high risk, apparently, but fuck that it’s just a bit of a flu! It’s the fucking madness that surrounds it all! If borders are shut, we can’t go anywhere.

worst case, I cancel then if it isn’t an issue take the risk of booking on the fly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine is booked in for its first service on the 4th

• Like Like x 1
  8. My booking at the Hotel Karl Noss & Gästehaus Friedrichs can be cancelled with no penalty up to 14 days before arrival - so that would be 3 weeks time on 24th March.
    https://switch.seekda.com/switch/reservation/email/guest/EN/DE_000005/DSR062VYZT5SI?pin=096003

My standard Eurotunnel booking (£92) cannot be cancelled but for an extra £156 it can be upgraded to a Flexiplus ticket that can be cancelled.

Alternatively I can amend or exchange it for another crossing at a later date (I'm likely to be heading back in late July https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/fortnight-to-french-riviera-and-back-july-2020.75737/) - though a charge "may be due" and the terms and conditions don't say how much it is. I'm going to contact them to find out.

9. Yes I’ll just change the date of mine until later in the year. Better that than lose it. My hotel booking says 8 March so I’m making a call by Thursday.

10. So it appears that @bradders has cancelled.

I’ve rather lost track so can you all please copy, paste and add your name below if you are still in (unless and until things get bad with Govt travel advice etc of course) ...

Dave
    Who else?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Still in

• Like Like x 1
  12. id still be in, if i was in to begin with and no travel restrictions are applied... wtf not? dont let this shit piss on ya parade.

13. Sooo .. those still in ...

Dave
    Andy800
    ?

14. Sooo .. those still in ...

Dave
    Andy800
    J biker. Subject to any bad weather(snow en route) as have a 2 day ride each way on twisty roads swerving around any coronavirus zombies

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yeap - Still in

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’ve not changed my Chunnel crossing yet, just in case someone in a senior position all of a sudden gets a whiff of context and reality :rolleyes:

17. I'm out. The way things are developing, the chances of a jolly group trip to Germany being sensible, or feasible, in five weeks time are negligible. Better to cancel while a refund is still an option.

Plus being as I'm nearly 70, have asthma, and have had cancer I am in the demographic that if I caught it it could be curtains ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sooo .. those still in (all being well) ...

Dave
    Andy800
    J biker
    Braz

Let’s hope we can do it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information