1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749s Code 37.3 Solid Immo Key

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by David Rae, Jul 7, 2020.

1. So, rebuilt bike over winter and replaced 59M ecu with 5AM. Immo off map installed with Guzdiag and started first button press. Been doing so for a few weeks..
    Left her for a week or so, key in ignition, ignition off. Went to start yesterday with body work on and nothing, solid immo key image and red light...no start function at all, fuel pump runs. Tried to reflash the ecu again, same deal. Scoured the forum for cluesies and removed the dash and attempted start, nothing. The ecu earth tag was cleaned and fitted during the build and repaired the loom side of the crank sensor plug with was bare on one conductor poss causing stalling issues with intermittent contact to the earth screen. Anyway, I'm at a loss just now, used Tuneecu and it confirmed the loaded map had no immobiliser action tick in the box there..strange it should go south for no apparent reason. I have one key and a red which I found out last night doesnt fit the ignition barrel!
    I will refit the 59M later to see if it starts.
    Any ideas for now?..............help appreciated.

2. Was the bike originally running after you did the reflash?

3. Yes Chris, it was running nicely. I blanked a pc3 and fitted it prior to starting attempt yesterday. Dyno was booked for August. I removed the pc3 last night, left the battery disconnected last night and tried it without the dash this morning..

4. Tried slipping the transponder ring up the key. The ring was replaced last year for a similar fault. .. not another one surely?

5. Check the earth Fly Lead that goes under one of the ECU retaining bolts (it must go under the bolt and not to the frame). Sorry, but it is a battery box off job!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. ok, i'll check it again before i swap the 59 back in...any idea what can flash the 59M if I have to?

7. Guzzidiag

8. Hello
    I have spent a frustrating couple of years tracing the fault on my 999. One day it primes and starts, next day it doesn't. Well eventually got it up to the genius eddie Stone and it turns out to be a bad connection to the fuel pump inside the tank! I have had it since 2005 and a couple of years in rough running and stalling became a feature that neither of the well regarded dealers I used could sort, if they were interested enough. Missing fasteners, untightened radiator connection and finally the recent new clutch unspinning led me to Eddie.

9. Put her back up on the ramp to remove the battery box and she started..??..crazy..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yep, that's just like mine..

11. I had this recently - fuel pump wiring in the tank.

12. Exacto

13. I see you are very near the coast...used to live in Longhoughton 77-80 and then in Alnwick in 81 til I went to Uni.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information