1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Remap Or Rexxer

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Bomble, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Has anyone tried the Rexxer Evo User on a 939 or am I better off just getting a custom remap. If it’s the latter, can anyone recommend anyone in the Yorkshire area please.
    I’m not chasing performanc, mainly just smoother running at low speed.

2. Custom remap id say...i think the rexxer just does a fuel mapping...CJS for example will remap each individual piston (as the front get more air than the rear) - also, if your engine is still making power at the redline then any decent dyno shop should be able to move the redline up (my 1100 evo sp redline was moved up by 500rpm)....there may be other stuff....my z1000 had the secondary injection cut in time moved from 7000rpm in 1st 2nd and third to 3000 - that gave it a fair bit more shove...there is no race ecu for my z so the o2 sensors were deleted and the flapper valve motor deleted also...nice little things that make the whole package that bit better...!

3. Cheers for the reply. I’ve read good things about cjs but it’s over 10hours round trip sadly.
    Bike is still under warranty which leans me slightly away from a custom tune, at least with rexxer I can take it back off myself.
    I had my old 701 husky mapped at dynojet and it was a different bike after so I can see the benefit of the custom route.
    Decisions decisions.

4. If it makes you feel any better when i bought my zed it was still under warranty....it made one trip home then got stripped to pieces...5 years ago...its never ever missed a beat since.

5. Not really:) I did the same to my Husky, maybe i’m a bit wary as it’s my first Ducati:)

6. Don’t suppose you know a good tuner Yorkshire way?

7. My general theory on bikes is to make them breath and get them to cool as best as possible....my rsv4 is the old pre aprc model - full exhaust, pair system removed, samco cooling kit, alloy cooling manifold upgrade, heavy duty starter cables, and a custom ecu remap, loads of other stuff but the above is what makes it cool, breath and be fueled the way it should be. From a reliability point of view - its the shittest one that everyone says you should avoid. Ive had one 20 quid tps sensor fail in the garage...thats it in 8 years...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not that i can recommend....CJS is about 15 mins from my house!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheers for the advice anyway fella

10. Reckon you could get down here in about 3 - 3 1/2 hours?? on a hyper youd have no traffic problems...

11. If you cant find anywhere and your really stuck come down the night before and you can kip here....make it all alot more bearable then...

12. Wow cheers for the offer. The main issue I have at the moment is time, I’m super busy with work and literally couldn’t spare a day off for at least a month.
    Might try the Rexxer for now and maybe go for a custom map late next year when warranty has run out. The Rexxer Evo thing can be sold on too I believe.

13. After reading some good read reports on the rexxer I’ve ordered one tonight

14. Cheers I’ve heard nothing but good things about him. I’ll be using for jobs on the bike definitely but I bought a Rexxer last night.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Where from and how much? I’m thinking about getting one but would like an end can first

16. https://rexxer.eu/ It was about £485 with delivery. I’m not really chasing power, hoping for smoothness

17. I’ve gone for the rexxer evo user btw

18. Bsd in peterborough do a good job too. Used them for the wifes monster evo, cjs did my hyper evo. Both brill.

19. I recently bought the upmap T800 for my hyper 950 as i dont have access to anywhere that does custom maps. Ive got to say im blown away with it, its running perfect now. Lambda sensors dissabled, exhaust valve disabled and a nice “racing” sign on the dash. Super smooth at all revs and pulls like a train with instant throttle response. And i can flash it back to stock before the next service. It takes minutes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information