1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999r Incoming!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by JoeC, Mar 7, 2019.

• Useful Useful x 1
  1. R cases maybe. Are they sand cast? Given the amount of non R parts on the bike, I would be even wary of what non R parts are in the engine.

@nelly may be able to run the vin for you.

I would walk away with my cash and spend it elsewhere on a genuine R.

2. You would have to PM him the full numbers :):upyeah:

3. @Exige
    What are the dash button colours on the R?

I can make out black ones on the blown up pics

4. Both mine are grey both sides.
    But both are 2003 bikes.

I wonder if the shop just had it tarted up or if it was owned by them - it’s got the dealers name on the transfers / wrap...

5. Maybe, I already have a genuine R. I was speculating on this one!

6. Run Joe.... Run for the fekkin hills lad, don't look back :laughing:

Some good 999R detectives on here :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yes, the exhaust outlets don't fill the apertures in the termi carbon shroud.

8. looks alright to me....

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 08.29.52.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Come to think of it though, did these bikes come with two exhaust cans?
    One road legal and one "for track use only"?

10. Yes, and matching carbon covers with correct sized holes and 2 ecu’s too. But this isn’t one of ‘these’ bikes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Although if Giuseppe ran out of R frames he might have made do with a standard one :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  12. The forks definately aren't R forks, they are 1098 forks with cheaper 848 Brembo 2 piece calipers on. Not sure this is worth the purchase if it were me unless you are A)Getting it offensively cheap, or B)Aren't going to try and market it for sale as an R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It's a weird mix of parts.
    The forks give the impression of a bike that's had a front end smash and then rebuilt as an R lookalike but why keep a standard can, which is such an instant giveaway and why the wavey discs on a low mileage bike?

14. note they call it a 999R Piste and i recon you'd need to be piste to buy it.
    1098 forks
    not even 1098 callipers ( look like cheap 848 or Hypermotard ones)
    Disc are interesting and could be worth a bit
    749 999 S frame too many mounts
    cant see engine but numbers won't match the wrong frame even if it is sand cast crank cases
    if it was an R it will have a numbered top yolk and i believe Ducati cast in the actual top yolk different to the base and S
    a plaque, a cover, and rear stand
    and if it was a genuine R it would be more expensive....

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. OK, just off the phone. It does have, as rightly identified an 'S' frame. The motor is an 'R', it currently has the standard exhaust fitted to meet noise regs but the Termi is with it too. Top yoke is numbered and forks are 1098. I didn't bother to ask why.
    Effectively then it is a bitsa and not for me. The salesman who took my deposit yesterday is fairly new and should have described it as such.
    I'm sure it represents fair value for someone but as I already have an S and an R, if I wanted a bitsa I could just mash up the two of them so my deposit is on the way back to me.
    Sincere thanks for the input and sleuthing, saving me at the very least a wasted journey tomorrow. A fool and his money, look before you leap, etc. etc.
    I guess having bought one genuine and complete R for 8450€ two years ago, it was too much to expect to get lucky twice!

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Can't expect bargains like that to come up more than once, especially from a dealer...

17. This is why forums such as this one are invaluable, shared information helps, pure and simple. Good luck on the search though chap

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Why don’t you buy my rc45 joe? £4995 ....all seriousness well done to the many who contributed on this, priceless help and info as mentioned by joe ....you make a good team you should all get on :upyeah:

6824DFCC-981E-4A46-AC8A-1AEE72E95B53.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. A shame as I really like the look of it. Thanks for the Featured Thread, which should now read: 999R?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information