1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Accessory Foglights

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bjohnson, Nov 4, 2015.

1. I had Ducati spot lights fitted directly to my 1260S without crash bars.
    The brackets use the same bolt as the top stay for the radiator.
    I have since fitted some Heed Crash bars and have had to make my own mounting brackets for the spot lights as the original brackets fouled the crash bars.
    If any one is after a pair of genuine Ducati fog light brackets let me know as I have a pair sitting in my garage.
    Desperado

2. Hello Steve,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply, your answer was very helpful. I was able to locate 2 of the three sockets, I know one of them I used for the GPS at some point and the other one is a 2 pin, I assume that is for the fuel cap.

The 3 sockets one I cannot find anywhere. There must be a place I am overlooking.

Once I am done with this, I will take it to the dealer for activation. Thank you!!

3. The fitting instructions say that the tank should be removed however you can install the lights without removing the tank. It may be that the Aux light connector is tucked up under the front of the tank. The figures below are from the fitting instructions which may help with finding the socket.

upload_2020-1-4_11-17-57.png

4. Hi
    I'm thinking of putting some fog lights on my 2013 PP will these brackets fit my bike if they do how much would you be looking for to sell them
    Cheers

5. Hi
    Just spoken to my dealer about fitting fog lights and Ducati have stopped manufacturing them so are no longer available can anyone of recommend a set that old fit my 2013 multi
    Thanks

6. I assume you mean that the LED fog light kit complete with loom and brackets for the 2010-2014 models [96680041A] is no longer available. The LED fog light kit for the 2015+ models [96680431B] is still available.

The difference between the two kits is:
    • the brackets to mount the lights from the frame are different for between the 2010-2014 and 2015+ models
    • the loom changed, on the 2010-2014 kit it plugged into the Sat Nav switch power socket and included a separate switch unit while on the 2015+ kit the loom plugged into a specific socket on the main loom and uses the dedicated switch on the standard l/h switch cluster
    • The LED light units are the same for both kits
    As @Twin4me spotted the new 1260 Grand Tour has a new design of LED aux lights. I've just noticed that these are now available as accessories ACC011573 (1260 & 950 models) and ACC011574 (for 1200 & 1260 Enduro models) although both lists have the same code (part?) number [96680833A].

Back to the original question, it may be possible to find a deal with "old" kit in stock although this is unlikely. As the kit you need was fitted to the 1200S GT (MY2013-2014) it may be possible to source the individual parts of the kit (lights, brackets, loom, switch etc.) however this may not be possible and could be expensive. It might be possible to find the parts secondhand from a breakers or someone on this forum. When I changed from a 2013 to 2015 Multistrada I had a new set of LED aux lights fitted, kept the LED light units (as spares having had one fail) and sold off the other parts (brackets, loom, switch).

Regarding fitting 3rd party LED aux lights, there have been a number of threads on this topic in the past which you could attempt to search for (both this forum and Google), or you could start a new thread.

7. Hi Clarkey,
    Only just read your post.
    Do you want to drop me an email to discuss.
    [email protected]

Desperado

8. Hi thanks for your reply my dealer is contacting the Ducati network of dealers to see if there are any out there I have also put up a wanted add on this fourm if no joy I will then look at other options
    Thanks once again

9. Thank you very much Steve, unfortunately, I am not able to find the third socket anywhere, it is frustrating.

I haven't worked on the bike for days, but as you say, the connector should be pretty obvious to identify. Maybe I have to clear the area further to find it, it just seems strange that the connector is nowhere to be seen.

Cheers!

10. I've got this job to do soon as well, just waiting for some parts that were missing from the fitting kit.

And as mine is the Enduro I'll have some spare DVT brackets if anyone wants 'em.

11. Hi what year is your bike

12. Mine's a 2016 (17 plate) 1200 Enduro.

13. Ok no problems hoping it was the same year so I could then make up my own
    Wiring harness

• Like Like x 1
  14. Could you be kind enough to show me how you got your lights to mount...I am facing the wane problem.

15. I assume you're the one that's posted this problem on Facebook? Couldn't you just cut half an inch off the end of the crash bars?

16. Yes I am. Sorry can't cut the crashbars its has no ends to cut...its all connected to either sides. Valid ides but doesnt work with the design of this crash bars.

17. its been about 10 months since your question here, so I hope you found the connection meanwhile...

But I had the same issue, couldnt find mine.
    It was located on the left side yes, but somewhere in between the framework, I assume from the same main wiring as where the connection for the wireless fuel cap sits.

I accidentally bumped into it when looking at the bike from the front.
    The second picture is actually taken from through my windshield lol!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So now you have an idea, its in the framework, bellow the beginning/front of the tank area, so you cant see it when standing next to the bike, only when standing in front of it and you have to duck and shine with a light on it or its impossible to see.

It sits in place with a rubber band, thats very tightly secured around it so its very hard to pull it forward.
    You will have to work it by touch as you cannot see it.

Once the rubber band is removed, you can pull it forward and you have work to connect it to the cable....

18. Hi to all, does anyone still have a set of fog light brackets for the Multi Enduro 1260 2018 onwards model to fit without crashbars fitted?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. enduro, doesnt matter if its 1260 or 1200
    they are the same in that area
    and I believe my kit has brackets for the enduro
    as I have 2 pairs of brackets left for use without the crashbar

I will post a picture of the manual tomorrow so you are sure its the part you need

20. a picture of the kit

one of both pairs on the right is what you need right?

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information