1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 After Market Exhaust Options.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Did yours fit ok? I got Kyle’s indicator block off’s & love them but my friend got the tail tidy & had to redrill a hole, then a flasher failed, the unit was replaced without question though so I can’t fault his after service

2. Mine was alright, no issue at all. No fitment issues or functionality problems. Maybe he just had an off day?

Removing the shroud is fairly simple. Comes apart in two halves after the belly pan in a similar way however, just watch the lower chain guard as it is attached to the left side with one fastener. Drilled out the rivets with a 3mm bit to separate the shroud from the tips. Be careful as it is only aluminium and will mark/drill out easily if you stray from the rivet.

As for painting it was all about proper prep. All parts cleaned, washed and dirt free. Then a fine wet and dry in the sink with warm soapy water. As it was aluminium for the majority of it I used 1200 grit so as not to mark anything. It took a while but it was worth it, just make sure that the surface has a light key to it and is contaminant free, same for the tips. All dried off I then hung the components using garden wire through one of the less inconspicuous rivet holes toward the back/bottom so you won't see any possible marks left from painting.

Paint used was an XHT paint in an aerosol from Ebay. Black was applied to the aluminium as per the directions, warm dust free environment, can upright and 15-30cm away. Light coats with a short break in between until covered fully. Once the first coat was complete it was then baked in the oven at 160 degrees C for an hour. The stainless tips, including the new rivets were painted a graphite grey and completed as per above.

After the first coat and cooling I then repeated the process again for all parts.

Once cured and cooled fully I was then able to re-assemble. The rivets are 3mm 'short' rivets, 6mm in length. I protected the paint on the rivets with a couple layers of masking tape over the end of the rivet gun before use and replacing it as I went round/required.

That was pretty much it, paint as below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-TECH-B...-Block-650c-/200987976876?hash=item2ecbd124ac

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-TECH-G...h=item2caa2207b1:g:fxkAAOxypeRR7j7s:rk:3:pf:0

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. The diy fix seems a great way forward. I got caught up one in the "I must have a new exhaust and it must be an akro" and whilst they make a lovely crisp noise, the amount spent could have been spent better on possibly two separate european tours.

4. I'm more not on the looks of the Akra, a bit like BMW's wonky eyes! But also I need to be sure I can get on certain tracks I know/like so I'm going to wait a little.

I am leaning that way though, this was just a temporary.....

5. It's one thing that has stopped me putting a race exhaust on my 1299! :/
    I've gone for the full race exhaust on my R as will have the 1299s for track days. Although the exhaust does come with bungs, not sure if they are effective? Would love to track the R when I get it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Came across this on a local Forum. Owner of an 1199 unhappy with the the power/torque dip on the stock bike opted for a tuneboy ecu and full Akro system. After work with the tuneboy software this was the result (no I don't sell it/have an interest etc.)

Tuning 899 Panigale.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've opted to ceramic coat my stock exhaust as the bike is fast and loud enough for me already. But if I were to look at an aftermarket the least ugly (IMHO) so far is the FM. No idea about what mapping it needs, nor its quality or longevity. I don't like the 'pissed plumber' aesthetic of most of the alternatives. Now if someone could do a shotgun style system for the V4....

8. Had a FM projects exhaust on my last MV, beautifully made .

20160515_112721.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi thinking on the new Termignoni D184 Titanium slip-ons includes UPMAP and sprint air filter + 10Hp £1200 cheaper than Akra slip-ons.

10. Yeah, someone needs to start making aftermarket full piece bellypan's. I think the overall lines of it make the bike look very similar to the Aprilia RSV4

11. From SC Project;
    Ducati_Panigale-V4_Completo4-2-1_Lato.jpg
    aprilia_rsv4_v4_2018_SC1-R_carbon_titanium_sc-project.jpg Ducati_Panigale-V4_Completo4-2-1_Lato.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Paint a s100rr, rsv4, fireblade etc etc red and put that sc exhaust on and they all look the same to me, i like the belly exit or under tail exit exhausts on Ducati's as it makes them a little different.

13. Moto Corse Japan have just released this fugly system.

Evoluzione.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information