1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Article About Us V4 Recalls

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Faith, May 2, 2018.

1. My early S1000RRs engine let go, there was a design flaw on the early ones and mine slipped through the recall net, I bought it approved used and BMW were very good about it to give them their due.

My V4 is in for its first service tomorrow, I will let everyone know if the O ring is mentioned to me.

2. Where are you getting it serviced at ? Andy

3. In Moto in Croydon, I did want to go to Pro Twins but they’re very booked up at the moment.

4. I only ask because the kits have been automatically sent to dealers based on their sales. We have sold 6 so got 6 kits. If Moto didn't supply your bike that may not have a spare kit. Best ask. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Ah right, I got my bike from Aylesbury, so will double check with them. Out of interest does it look like there is much involved to do the recall or is it pretty straightforward?.

6. Workshop instruction says 30 minutes but depends on how much fuel there is in the tank as it has to be drained for the O ring change. Fuel cap is straightforward. Andy

7. Just to let you all know, they automatically did the recall and some software updates when I took it in for its first service yesterday.

8. DUCATI ISSUES USA RECALL FOR PANIGALE V4
    A fuelling issue means the USA V4s have to go back to the shop

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Visordown on Tue, 08/05/2018 - 12:21

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DUCATI has issued a recall for 692 units of the Panigale V4 in the USA due to address an issue with the fuelling system.

All three variants, which are the Panigale V4, V4S and the top-spec Panigale V4R have been recalled for two reasons.

The first one is because the internal breathing system valve plug on the Panigale V4 which could have a fuel leak if the O-ring was damaged during the valve plug installation process.

Also, the grease on the O-ring made it even more difficult for the suppliers to detect the leakage during the quality tests.

The recalled models which have the defective O-ring will be rectified by Ducati North America free of charge.

Ducati Panigale V4 tamed.mp4

9. Already covered https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/article-about-us-v4-recalls.61741/ UK dealers were auto allocated recall kits last week for the bikes that have been delivered. Owners should be getting if not already got notification from Ducati UK to talk to the supplying dealer. Service bulletin allows 30 minutes for the job assuming an empty fuel tank. Andy

10. Threads merged

11. And what about the new radiator/cooling system recall Andy, is that in the UK system yet?

12. Not aware of a new radiator recall. The most recently delivered bikes have a revised aero package which removes the reflector from the fork leg and adds to blades of plastic under the steering head to prevent air flowing upwards and over the tank instead of into the radiator which will be done to the earlier bikes. Andy

13. Hi Steveo - source if this please? I have an early V4 but only got the fireball recall

14. By the way Andy, further to my previous thread reply, my reflectors did indeed pop off without any fuss. Twist and done.

15. On facebook there is an indication of a clutch master cylinder recall. Andy - can you confirm? And now my side reflectors have popped off, if I get the aero mod done, will I be getting reflectors on my callipers? ;-)

16. Currently in Spain :cool: so won’t be speaking to work until next week. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Are you back yet chap. Looking for the definitive list of recalls for the V4.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information