1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike In Garage Security.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Paul55, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Putting one of those on the outside of a garage door just advertises the fact you have something valuable in there.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Baby alarms are good,as you can hear any noise in the garage.

but one of these will make it hard to steal

https://www.cardok.com/

• Like Like x 1
  3. 5 miles away from where I live a chap had a Mercedes van parked against his garage door and 2 bikes in the garage. One morning he woke up with the Mercedes in the middle of of the road(with the tools removed) and an empty garage.
    Use as many security layers as you can, 1-2 very good quality chains and ground anchor on top of PIR sensors.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Basically make it a pain in the arse to get etc

Mine are in a garage with 3 chains 1 of which goes through a Y-Anchor in the concrete floor, 1 disc lock, cctv with motion detection sent to my phone, locked side gate & car parked in front of the gate etc

Make them look for the easier bike to steal

But as with anything, if they want it......they will get it....

One thing is for sure, if i get hold of you........then good night!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I'm in the corner of a cul-de-sac. :upyeah:

I know I'm guily of taking loads of pics and seemingly going against my own advice, but nobody can see the house unless they are visiting my 3 closest neighbours. If somebody comes withing sight, they have a reason to be there. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Mines served me well over the years,this has keeped the average toe rag from taking my property without asking.

7. I must admit that's my worry. I think it depends a bit on the location of the garage. I mean, if it's fitted to the garage of your house, then you might just look careful. The problem is when your garage is in a row, and yours is the only one with conspicuous extra security.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I've tended to, when using garages with up and over doors, left the standard lock alone but put in a drop bolt and padlock on the bottom corners. Nothing fancy or hi viz, just simple

I had many years ago a garage broken into and all they did was bend the bottom corner up, get in and steal all the tools.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Also, putting a huge swastika sprayed on the garage door works wonders.....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. #33 Itsamonster, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  11. Where do the blanks come from? Is a shotgun license required to buy them?

12. That’s the weird thing about the licensing laws, you can’t buy them without a licence, but can gift them to someone who hasn’t.

I load my own, black powder is the best, you get a nice boom like a mortar going off rather than a crack of a standard shell, and a 15 foot cloud of smoke :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Rubbish,
    The devices and the blanks are available from Amazon; ebay; gunshops; and many other places.
    Perfectly legal to buy without a shotgun certificate.

Alternatively, if you have some with a load in them, unpick the end, pour the shot out and then close the end again.
    The device I made will take 12G; 0.410 and 9mm brass blanks, depending on which ones I want to use.

#37 Arquebus, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. £12.50 inc postage..... Ebay...
    Great if you are laying a new garage floor and easy to smash a hole and fit one.... works great with a decent chain / lock
    https://ebay.us/jTB4hZ

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Or this for £165

[​IMG]

16. This is exactly what I purchased when laying my garage floor.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information