1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Bike Wont Rev

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jqworle, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Havent used the bike for 6 weeks , took it out of the garage started fine but just wont rev past 5000 rpm its almost like it hits a rev limiter though its not exactly great just getting to 5000rpm, any ideas before i phone ducati on Monday

2. My first thought would be the exhaust valve.
    I believe the default position is open, spring operated to keep open.
    But they suffer with corrosion problems and may well stay in the closed position. Located just under right hand foot peg in exhaust pipe from decat.
    Try manual movement with plenty WD40.

3. You were right, the exhaust valve is just like a limiter

4. Whip the end can off, cause the cable can still cycle if the exhaust flapper valve is stuck, take minutes to take end can off and look.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I had this problem with my 821 Hyper a few years ago. It turned out to be a faulty nuetral switch that forced the bike into limp mode. The switch is on the back of the gearbox in front of the swing arm pivot point. You need a long tube spanner to pull it out and check it.

6. My moneys on the exhaust valve :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Most definitely the exhaust valve

You may still hear it cycling, but it could be seized in position

As already said, best option is to get rid, or drill and remove flap and just leave spindle connected

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bike is still under warranty so Riders are having back this afternoon to have a look.

9. Bike now fixed, exhaust valve stuck in closed position strangling the bike as the revs rose and unable to be expelled through the exhaust.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bike now fixed, exhaust valve stuck in closed position strangling the bike as the revs rose and unable to be expelled through the exhaust.

11. Happens all the time, drill it out :upyeah:

12. I will when the bike is out of warranty but that is still 13 months away.

13. Just for info, moto rapido actually thanked me when I removed mine, my bike was 7 month old when I took it out, MR said they were grateful as it stopped so many warranty claims for centre boxes when they just fail again and again. Engine sounds better and throttle response is better when it's gone. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fit a Healtech exhaust valve eliminator and remove the exhaust cable and motor. You will notice a difference to the low/mid RPM response. Just make sure that the valve is not seized closed. Job done.

15. Does that make a difference on DVT? I didn't think it dod, so simply disconnected mine

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Been said before loads, but just drill it out, no electronics needed, and can never jam again if it ain't there.

17. I'm wondering more about Stuart point re low/mid range.

18. I definitely noticed better throttle response in the middle after I removed it, and a little more noise to boot.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information