1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Clutch Master Cylinder Seal Kit

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Xfin999, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Anyone know of where I can get my hands on a clutch master cylinder seal kit? I've sprung a small leak.

2. thanks, apparently when you 999 in the search text it doesn't pick it up from the forum section :sob: which is why i got no results

3. Trevor Pope, KTM dealer do them online.
    You just have to work out which one applies to the master cylinder on your Ducati.
    I know one does because I got a replacement rubber boot for the plunger on my 999 master cylinder from them.

4. The rubber boot is one of the few Brembo bits that you can get from Ducati.

5. I stripped and cleaned re greased mine and it hasnt leaked since

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yea i'm gonna try that first after reading your comment on the other thread. The leak is really slight and only seems to happen when i'm using the clutch.

7. Well there’s some irony.
    There’s no local Ducati dealer here though and finding it on the Trevor Pope website was quick and easy.

#8 Old rider, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  8. Right, so i've finally got around to doing this 3 weeks later!

I've taken apart my master cylinder and there are two issues I can see. I hope one of which will be causeing the leak.

So we have offender A. Who kind of has a big hole in it. But i'm not sure if this is actually integral?

[​IMG]

Then we have offender B. Who has some scuff marks on one side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've shown both sides of it. the second being what it should look like and the first being the side with score mark on.

Thoughts? Does anyone think I need a new piston or is it just the rubber bungh that has a big hole in it?

9. You can see the scoring better in this photo. There is one slightly larger one at the bottom centre of this photo.

[​IMG]

10. Item A looks like the rubber boot that is there more to keep muck out than keep fluid in.
    Good to replace it but not a critical item.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Just to close this out.... cleaning it all out and regreasing the seals worked a treat. I had a few drops on my frist ride out after doing it and then it's be dry every since. Thanks All :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information