1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington 5th July, Doocardi Day.

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I am there on the 17th July, not on the 1098S as it's dead again. Over 100 Aprilias booked for the 17th so that should be interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  2. The rsv4 is a cracking bit of kit, think there to many horror stories about them think that's why people don't buy um.

3. You are right, they are a great bike, and it will be interesting to see how many RSV4/Tuono V4's turn up on the 17th, a noisy day, could be very noisy. Looks like I will be attempting to pedal round on a 2018 RF, as the 1098 has done a head gasket, Silverstone did not do it any favours, might be time to pension off the old girl.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think the aprilia rf is a monster of a bike, I'd love one as a track bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I keep breaking my Ducati's, but they are 10 & 19 years old, and are only track bikes, so probably to be expected. Mugello and Imola in a months time so I need to get my act together and work out what I am going to take out there, I do have an option of a mates GSXR 1000 K5, but the Italian bike thing keeps dragging me back, and costing me lots of money. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thats why i sold my 853 and bought a gsxr k2 1000, ok its a bit boring but it works and its bloody quick for a 16 year old bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Buy a Pani' mate...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Great stuff! Come and say hello. I’ll be the dashing chap on a V4S with Termignoni Uscite fitted.... not many around yet. Termis, not dashing chaps :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I will be there on the Aprilia you sold me. :)
    Hopefully I will be set up with Mary Hinge and a mate who is borrowing my 1098 for the day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool! Bunch of lads coming down from Scotland so we’ll have a full cheery pit garage. I’ll message you when I know which one :upyeah:

11. I'm only tagging on because you are always surrounded by beautiful women. :)

12. Got an 1199 coming in as a part ex next week, may give that one a bit of a run out and see what all the fuss is about. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  13. It’s not easy Nick.... :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Give it time as they take a little while to work out how best to ride them after being on other bikes. I got the same thing going on myself; the R6 does everything I need but I keep having naughty thoughts about taking the Panigale racing. In four years of thrashing I've never had a failure but I can't help thinking it would be an expensive experience! So sexy though...

I'd love to give an RSV4 a go on track to see what the fuss is about as well! On paper the weight puts me off but the Tuono I took out was awesome. It's basically just the poor dealer network that stops me as I think thats very important on a new bike at least.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not tried the 1199, but the 899 is crakin' on track....:motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  16. 1GG_2547.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ah ha, so that was you? Hope you had a great day? I think we all did :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes that was me!
    I had a fantastic day thank you, the Scrambler was very fun round Donington!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was in fast and it was all a touch manic. More so than a usual fast group track day. First session is 30 mins long. We did 2 warm up laps and next lap red flagged. We didn’t get back out. FFS :((

It went downhill from there. I think the V4’s were bossing some of the riders, I counted 5 down, I think 3 of them were hire bikes.

We got read the riot act by CSS mid-morning and very next session a certain Tri Options Cup rider missed taking us both out by a fraction of a second, undertaking me as I exited the track with my fcuking arm up.

By lunch time I was doubting my sanity but my 1199 threw the towel in 1st session after lunch so game over.

Despite the above, really enjoyed the day. Great weather, decent food, good craic, met old mates and it was lovely to see and hear the bikes.

Roll on 2019!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information