1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 First Time At Cadwell On The V4s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Jun 30, 2018.

1. hi everyone,
    Just sharing a bit of footage I took at Cadwell a few weeks back!
    Was a Monday track evening and first time on track with the v4s and first time this year! (Since last September IIRC) so I’m a bit rusty and learning the bike!
    It’s a LOT. Different to the 1299!

Out the box settings so just riding it for fun as only had it a month, will get it tweaked and set up how I like it eventually!
    Plenty of time to be found :)

The bike is a missile and when pushing it really does take a bit of wrestling!
    Love the bike though!

• Like Like x 5
  2. boy thats quick in a straight line!

3. How does the handling feel over the 1299 or is it very similar??

4. BTW are you the same Chillo that was a DSC fella?

5. ;) yep

• Like Like x 1
  6. Franko Chillo :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Feels completely different, power delivery and rear tyre size/profile a big part of it but I had my 1299 set up and running my favoured Metzeller Racetecs etc
    The bike moves around a lot! Just getting used to letting it!

8. I'm sure we watched in awe of your riding at Cadwell back in the early days of DSC trackdays, before DD started :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. :D
    Yeah I did a few track days with dsc when I had an 998r and 999r :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. It’s Frankie Chillo :joy:

11. Nice riding - you def need to move up a group though, you’re way quicker than the others and more confident in/through the corners.

12. Track evening is often two groups or open pit afaik, so can be very mixed for pace.

13. That was fast group :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. That was the fast group :eek: it looked like inters o_O

You made them look pedestrian, well done.

15. Tbf evening sessions are 2 groups as Bradders said; novice and fast/inters.
    The v4 is just ballistic :D

16. Very nice indeed and thanks for sharing.

I take it it is not the smoothest track, hence may I ask your weight and suspension settings (dynamic or fixed, which riding mode, settings etc.).
    No copycat here, but I am annoyed by my TTX36 which I cannot get to work properly on bumpier roads / tracks.

Thank you.

17. I'm 82kg, Race mode - dynamic. Not changed any settings yet, just how it came out the factory :)
    Tyre pressure info here: https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/v4-tyre-pressures.63107/
    I will be customising Dynamic mode.

18. A couple of the corners are a bit bumpy but its more hilly than bumpy IME

19. How hilly is it?, I’ve never done Cadwell, more so than Brands if you’ve done that?.
    I think out of the few track days I’ve been on my least favourite was Silverstone.

OP you look very quick on it, glad you’re enjoying your V4S!.
    I’ve got Brands at the end of the month, on a base V4.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information