1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Ducati 999 Running Issue (2004)

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Airconadam87, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Yes I'd say they are totally stock.

Adam.

2. managed to fit a cps to the bike today, at first the bike still wouldn't run properly but after stopping and starting it again the bike fired into life and runs ok now, I found it a little lazy soon as i put the jump pack on its instant, one thing i have noticed is the voltage is still showing around 12v but after doing a little reading, im going to check the stator and RR and maybe stick a new battery on, seems that most show around 13-14v on the dash?

also got a fuel filter to fit as i may as well while im it this stage along with air filters and the usual maintenance ancillarys.

cheers

Adam.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Adam,
    the voltage while running should show 13.9 - 14V.
    Hook up the Laptop and look at data from the TPS sensor while pulling slowly the throttle up (motor off). It should go smoothly from 2.3 up to 85. If the value of the TPS is somehow "jumping" and not linear, your TPS sensor might be faulty which leads to a lumpy engine behavior and all sort of funny errors.
    Had that problem on mine these days. Changed the sensor and viola runs smooth as butter again. It caused me some headache to find the fault as I didn't expected the TPS sensor to be failing as I have changed that sensor just a year ago....

Good luck!
    Andreas

4. thanks for that Andreas

i will double check but i do seem to remember it being quite linear, but i will double check.

cheers

Adam.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I decided to change the fuel filter today, which has never been changed as it still had the oem clamps around the fuel filter lines, the tank itself was quite clean, I did find something which I've never come across before, a nail!! I cut the old filter in half to have a nosey and yes it wasn't the best,

Cheers

Adam.

IMG_20210626_185512_304.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information