1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Forum: Our 2 Strokes

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Exige, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Red HT caps on a White/Blue/Black arrangement, -3points. ;)

2. They look mint.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well as you're the owner I'll agree.....

4. Me on Garry McCoys Red Bull 500 at Donington in 2002. I’d broken my femur in the April and my right thigh was still swollen where the bone came out hence the big leg !

93BFDC18-A36B-4844-B3ED-DB7A79F85EE2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. 20200509_141954.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Smell that two stroke :neutral:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. They should mix some petrol with that 2t oil , lol.
    Puddy :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. My neighbour has just bought a scooter he's having problems with. His mate turned up to try and sort it for him last week and was telling me he has 2 of these in his garage. :bucktooth: He did seem a bit full of it about what he had, so I just stood there politely nodding and saying "nice" a few times. :innocent:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Did he give you a go, 'go on mister his a go'

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. They did shortly before passing out lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. As you do, how many of these randoms have we met?

• Like Like x 1
  12. He also said he had a Lambretta TS1 engine for sale and he'd give my neighbour the details (not for me, but my mate would have it, if it were reasonable).

Guess what? I've heard nothing. :rolleyes:

Usually I'd have a bit of sport and ask, but my neighbour is a really nice fella. I think he just has a bullshit mate. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I didn’t get to ride it but the team got a chance to do a couple of laps after the last race in Australia. My mate had a go and was asking Gaz where to brake for the corner at the end of the start finish straight. Gaz pointed out a braking point and said about fifty metres after that then sling it on its side it’ll be ok. My mate braked fifty metres before the point and still struggled to make the corner. Gaz was pissing himself laughing apparently.

14. TDR’s are great bikes I’ve just dragged mine out of the garage and it’s going to get used this year ( hopefully ). Probably the most fun stroker and still ok value. 33420B38-E127-40F1-AE8A-2841BE072C8C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. I remember when they came out, they were great fun.

When this guy said he had two, I almost asked him about them and if he wanted to sell one, but by this point I had him sussed. :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  16. We've all met them, from the bloke who swears he knows where there's a shed full of Vincent Black Shadows to the lad who's mates car will do 150 mph with 100 bhp engine. We just as you say 'nod politely' and gently try to seem interested.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Always keep an open mind :bucktooth:

End of last year my mate went to view a Suzuki RE5 on a farm in the middle of the North Yorkshire moors his mate had put him on to. He came away with 5 RE5's for £16,000. Why anyone would want one I don't know - but Roger is mad.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/my-mate-roger-is-the-biggest-nutter-i-know-in-1984.36405/

Here's 3 of them...

IMG_0142.jpg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Cool. :)

But the guy I met was definitely full of s**t. If you had met him, you'd understand. :eyes:

19. I try to, sometimes like your mate they get something from it, usually as a conversation moves on you realise some things don't stack up and are clearly horse poop.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information