1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati / Ramasis Insurance Woes

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by J0n3s, Apr 9, 2019.

1. After 6 years and 4 Ducati’s, with 10 NCB (and no claims what so ever), out of the blue I receive the equivalent of a dear John letter from Ducati (Ramasis):

Dear Mr,
    [email protected]
    9th April 2019

Your motor policy falls due for renewal on the 12-05-2019 and unfortunately we are not in a position to offer terms this year. We will forward proof of your ‘no claims bonus’ once your policy has lapsed.
    Yours sincerely,

Liz
    for Wicked Quotes

Im based in C.London with a Panigale R and my premium was £1140 pa, with 10 years NCB.

Now I have a Ducati that Ducati Insurance refuse to cover, with a FYVM renewal letter.

Don't think I’ll be ordering that V4R LOL.

2. They are not Ducati Insurance anymore - but just sent my renewal today for a 1098R Bayliss

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crap that is. :(

I was surprised how expensive mine was to insure after I bought it. Try dropping the value to sub £20k. It made a hell of a lot of difference to my quotes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. That's the key figure :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thread moved

6. That’s not good ...
    I also have a Pani R insured with Ducati, live in London, 15 years no claims and paid more than you did for last year.
    Just checked compare the market and got 14 quotes, the cheapest at £350 fully comp (with bike valued at £19,999)
    Last year Ducati were the only company prepared to quote me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks for all the advice guys, I think I’ll be reducing the value to sub 20k and seeing how I get on with other insurers.

8. Try Bemoto and MCE.

Or try the Motorcycle News search engine, that comes up with better quotes for London.

It’s the massive rate of theft in London that screws the premiums. Lots of insurers are pulling out of cover for London and who can blame them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the suggestions Sam, I’ll look in to them.

With thefts as they are in London and other metropolitan areas it’s understandable and Ramasis need to make decisions that they believe are best for their business.

After spending nearly £7k with Ramasis over 6 years it could have been handled better. To idealistic me.

Ducati’s website are now pushing owners towards Adrian Flux Insurance so Ramasis must has lost their endorsement.

https://www.ducati.com/gb/en/news/new-ducati-insurance-partner

#11 J0n3s, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information