1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expensive First Ride Out Of The Year!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by kirks1989, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Worst case scenario, incase the council are being tw@ts. Speak to Maidstone Motorliner, they maybe able to repair those wheels. Have known far worse to be repaired.

http://www.motoliner.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. The taxpayer is paying. You ,me, everyone who works.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. correct.. i am paying road tax for several vehicles totalling many hundreds of pounds per year.
    So i think it is only reasonable for them to spend that money maintaining the roads.

4. Certainly have a go at getting the rear paid for. Most councils probably work on the provision that it’s cheaper to pay the occasional claim (and make it as difficult as possible to make a claim) than fix the holes.

5. In recent years the UK has spent about £35 billion a year on transport. Roughly half of that on roads. VED raises about £6 billion a year (a good year). So it's a very good job we're not reliant on a direct road tax or we'd be riding on dirt tracks :)

Plenty of reasons to rant about the state of the roads. The fact over 50% of the total pot is spent in London is one of my favs. I'm just happy that the cyclists and bus dwellers are happy to chip in a bit and help us out - cheers guys.

6. They waste the money by throwing that useless top coat that they now seem to be dumping on the road surface these days. You know , the one that leaves tramlines along the road that bike tyres follow and falls apart within days so that the contractors get to charge again for it when it does.
    Bodging potholes up for them to become potholes again is not a cost effective repair .
    On a brighter note .. When all cars become electric and the government loose the revenue from petrol and diesel . What is going to fill the tax gap generated ?

7. Who do you think? It's all one pot fella. Less people are smoking, who is going to fill the pot holes? It's the same question.

8. yeah , all these do gooders will soon start to complain when their electric bill is £10000 per year.

9. We may have 0 tax on electric vehicles now under the pretence they are cleaner for the environment, but as they start to become the biggest vehicle group, government will simply slide the same taxes over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I see a large amount of potholes that are caused by utility companies ripping up and resurfacing roads, only for it to subside and create a pothole within 12 months. I doubt these guys are held accountable for the longevity of the work...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Therein lies the problem. If they had to warrant their work for a reasonable period of time and respond to any warranty failures within a shortish time say 72hrs? then I bet the quality of work would dramatically increase but we all know there's more chance of a 50% cut in the price of Ducati spares than getting better quality road repairs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice now :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. A request gents; write a letter of complaint to your MP. I had a good moan to mine this morning about the potholes, litter, etc. It will make you feel better and hopefully motivate them to understand that it will cost them votes if the Government continues to fail to find £2-3 billion to get them properly sorted. The longer we accept these temporary fixes, the bigger the real problem becomes; it's an absolute false economy to make all these really poor quality repairs. KEYBOARD WARRIORS ATTACK!
    Find your MP here: https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
    Some facts & figures: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/potholes-how-much-they-cost-uk-and-how-they-are-fixed

• Like Like x 2
  14. Damage amounts to £3100. New set of wheels tyres and some other bits. Let’s hope I get some form of compensation.

That leads me on to my next question. Does anybody use the BST carbon wheels on the road? They are believe it or not cheaper than the standard marchesini ones. Would anyone recommend them???

15. Crikey, everyone will be going out and crashing into that pothole now, if you get some carbon BSTs out of it :thinkingface:

That's some serious wedge so good luck with the claim. I can't imagine it will be quick.

Have you checked your suspension out at all as I imagine that bottomed out with one hell of a thud?

16. I have used them for 15,000 miles on my Desmosedici ... some track days but mainly roads all over the UK and Europe including the crappy ones we have down here in deepest darkest Zummerzet. I've never hit a big pot hole with them mind, but I'd recommend them based on the usage I have out of them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Have you damaged bot then? Why a pair? Are the tyres needed too?

18. Bloody hell. Your bollocks must of apexed in your throat from that

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information