1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr 1000 Track Bike.. Suspension Set Up??

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Lyndon, Jan 25, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Always been told, springs will normally do the front and spend the money of a rear shock. Steer with the rear lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MCT are very good and Colin at 100% suspension is excellent. If I was closer to them I would personally use MCT as it's a ride in ride out service if you want it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. From my research it fits model years 09 - 16 but if you are interested I will measure the ends and centers for you so you can check. I paid what I think was a fab price - £420 remembering it is fully serviced and done nothing in my ownership. Only looking to recover my £420 and I'll throw in free delivery.
    The spring as a couple of nicks in the plastic coating - I'll take close ups and PM if needed.

Not sure current retail - can't open the Penske UK web site from work for some reason - they are somewhere around £1000 I think www.penskeshocks.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Lyndon if it’s mostly track bike, and if you want it to work well, invest in having it serv it’s and rebuilt with the right springs. @PGP did mine recently, I haven’t used it yet, but has done bikes for me for years and offers a great service at a good price.

Before you buy another shock, worth finding out if yours can be revalved/rebuilt as that is normally a cheaper option and means the bike still maintains stock look. Have the fonts done for springs to your weight, oil change and probably good to go.

For £400 you can get the lot rebuilt and done ime easily enough :upyeah:

5. Thanks for your comments and advice guys, much appreciated

6. Cor blimey, that must of been in the last or penultimate session, nevermind glad it’s repaired! Dedicated track bike sounds good

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thanks indeed, I’m gonna have a think over the weekend and ring a few companies to see what they offer on the service and set up on stock stuff and potentially if an upgrade is needed or seems best option will get in touch.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information